Days Passed Away RP preview and sign up thread

Quick Question:
How does Trent have a working truck if all vehicals were disabled by an EMP

Glad someone caught on to that. Ill explain shortly into the RP how Trent managed to keep the truck up and running.

The fact that his truck was still in working order is the main reason the gang of thugs attacked him. To them it was a once in a life time opportunity for them, Jessie being there didn't help of course. The truck wouldn't have helped them for long though unless they knew Trent's secret. A bit on that though is that the truck was owned by Trent's father, who readied it for the Y2k scare of 1999.

Nick I'm reading through your SU now, ill let you know shortly when its approved. Thanks Storm for the heads up.

Last edited:
I see
Just a guess but does it not have a start up battery?

So the old cars with that crank ignition
and steam trains
and even pull string lawn mowers and chain saws still work

Motors with an electrical ignition starter can work with a kinetic ignition starter. Interesting

Last edited:
Nick your character is accepted, though keep in mind the Ghost level soldiers have to keep taking a daily dose of Lebenamein to keep their Necroenza from taking their body over and turning them into zombies. Just a reminder. Maybe you could include that these depression-inducing meds are mixed with the Lebenamein so she takes the medication for both her mental condition and the virus at the same time, or simply that when she stocked up on the mental meds she also took a large supply of Lebenamein with her, just some suggestions.

Edit: @Mr. MR Very good guess, but its something simpler yet slightly more unorthodox. His secret has to do with keeping the waves from the EMP blasts from getting to the truck. Pulse uses the technique too to keep a handful of their vehicles and radios working. I chose to go with the method they use simply for ease of use for the characters. See, Canada is tasked with quarantine security pretty much. Part of their job is to set off low impact yet highly effective EMP blasts from radio towers they have rigged through the former US for the job regularly, to insure nobody is given time to repair the necessary parts and escape quarantine.

Last edited:
Canada will fall eventually
there is no way to protect such a close and broad border. Also a lot of their population are near the border.

also EMP blasts don't last forever
the towers themselves have to activate electronically or through the use of nuclear war heads (which is unlikely unless detonated high in the earth's atmosphere). Otherwise they would have to be controlled manually.

I don't know too much about EMPs but that could leave a small window (right before each wave) for communications and vehicle travel

Last edited:
Nick your character is accepted, though keep in mind the Ghost level soldiers have to keep taking a daily dose of Lebenamein to keep their Necroenza from taking their body over and turning them into zombies. Just a reminder. Maybe you could include that these depression-inducing meds are mixed with the Lebenamein so she takes the medication for both her mental condition and the virus at the same time, or simply that when she stocked up on the mental meds she also took a large supply of Lebenamein with her, just some suggestions.
Sure, I can make the meds apply for both at once.

Excuse me.... you said Canada?

Yes, Canada. They received large amounts of funds, supplies, and training to execute the proper quarantine. A large barrier was quickly built across the US/Canadian border and guards with sniper training along the barrier 24/7. The guards are military units both from the Canadian military and other countries allied with Canada. Its also heavily guarded on the US front by a heavy armor unit with all sorts of heavy artillery. MGS, tanks, mortars, etc.

@ Mr. MR: I won't say anything on that, but your assumption isn't without logical reason. But if Canada is to fall, it won't be due to being overpowered at their border.

I don't think I'd be giving too much info away if i were to go ahead and say the Mexico was to do the same, but didn't have the means to, so they offered themselves to be occupied by another country to do the job for them, China stepped in and took the offer.

Last edited:
Not that this is in context or anything.... But I think we are closer to a robot apocalypse than to a zombie apocalypse.

There's probably a higher chance of a zombie apocalypse when you know how many experiments are being done in the world every day to try and find cures to diseases. Soon it's going to end up done on human test subjects and next thing you know there's a zombie outbreak. A robot apocalypse would probably be less severe due to no way to turn people into robots and they follow programming, not instinct unless it has say the brain of a dog or something.

There's probably a higher chance of a zombie apocalypse when you know how many experiments are being done in the world every day to try and find cures to diseases. Soon it's going to end up done on human test subjects and next thing you know there's a zombie outbreak. A robot apocalypse would probably be less severe due to no way to turn people into robots and they follow programming, not instinct unless it has say the brain of a dog or something.
Robots can't think
no matter what we do we cannot artificially replicate willpower

... Or can we? Don't say that 'till ya've got clairvoyance for the next millenium.
To emulate willpower is different than too possess willpower.
It's a matter of how convincing your emulation is. But actual willpower cannot be achieved unless you use human DNA

Explain.

... In the Thread of Talking pl0x, otherwise we're gonna have one gigantic off topic discussion here.

Back