de Blob - Wii exlusive

vagrant said:
I was just reading about this game.

I WANT TO PLAY IT RIGHT NOW
Download the PC version then. It's probobly the same if not very similar. Free game too, I think.

vagrant said:
I want to smack into the walls by flicking the wiimote though :(
:lol:
Guess your going to have to wait, unless your into that glovepie wii-mote pc stuff.

the game looked interesting ,but hopefully they add some more life to the game other wise i can't see it being a retail release i have a feeling it might be a Wiiware

Yeah - I've just been watching the demos at ign wii and the game looks very good - certainly at this early stage.

It's not an entirely "new" concept though. On the Atari800XL we had a game called Rainbow Walker - where you had to re-colour a Rainbow which, like de Blob's town, was monochromatic as all the colour was stolen by evil.corp. Man those guys sure get around!! You had all sorts of peril in the game etc... and it was actually a very simple yet addictive game and this looks like it may be the same - of course with the excellent Wii controls....it's still a year away though!

Rolex said:
Yeah - I've just been watching the demos at ign wii and the game looks very good - certainly at this early stage.

It's not an entirely "new" concept though. On the Atari800XL we had a game called Rainbow Walker - where you had to re-colour a Rainbow which, like de Blob's town, was monochromatic as all the colour was stolen by evil.corp. Man those guys sure get around!! You had all sorts of peril in the game etc... and it was actually a very simple yet addictive game and this looks like it may be the same - of course with the excellent Wii controls....it's still a year away though!

Evidentally you didn't read all the posts here because obviously it isn't a new concept...it is a physics based game developed by University students..

vagrant said:
Evidentally you didn't read all the posts here because obviously it isn't a new concept...it is a physics based game developed by University students..

Evidentally I did as - "new" is in ""'s as in original concept as in taking the monochrome world and painting it in as a gameplay aspect. I didn't mention anything to correspond to the physics side of it, which is being "developed" from a seemingly "new" idea by the university students who originally "conceived" it...the developers are adding onto the wheel not reinventing it!

Thanks for picking me up on it tho...

Rolex said:
Evidentally I did as - "new" is in ""'s as in original concept as in taking the monochrome world and painting it in as a gameplay aspect. I didn't mention anything to correspond to the physics side of it, which is being "developed" from a seemingly "new" idea by the university students who originally "conceived" it...the developers are adding onto the wheel not reinventing it!

Thanks for picking me up on it tho...

There was nothing to pick up on. I pointed out your awesome ability to point out the obvious.

vagrant said:
There was nothing to pick up on. I pointed out your awesome ability to point out the obvious.

:wink: Well done darling.

vagrant said:
If you have to take me out for a lobster dinner if you want to call me darling.

If I have to..I'll have to certainly rethink this whole darling business. Raincheck?

Do any of you remember Jet Grind Radio? Using the nunchuck to move and the Wiimote pointer to draw custom graphiti seems like a good control scheme for the Wii

Back