Jan 27, 2009
I had a thread for this game before the forums went down, but now it's gone:

wii_deadrising_cover.jpg

Screenshots-
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14267382/imgs_1.html

Videos-
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14267382/vids_1.html

Webisode 1-
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14267382/dead-rising/videos/deadrising_shooting_022009.html

Release Dates:
JP- February 19, 2009
NA- February 24, 2009
AUS- February 26, 2009
EU- February 27, 2009

I personally, am not exited for this because it will be watered down port that has no effort.

I'm looking forward to the game personally. Got the original on 360 as well, but only have a SDTV.

I think the changes they're doing to it will makes the game more appealing to me.

I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw one video of gameplay, and it kinda explained a few things. The reason the screenshots are lackluster is because there's only a few zombies on the screen at the same time. But then you walk a few steps and more zombies appear. It's still fairly packed, even if there aren't zombies off in the distance being shown, they're still there, but seem to fade into existence when you get close enough.

Saying that though, with the wide negative press and hype this game is getting, I'm not holding out too much for the sequel to eventually do the same thing (the sequel currently in development for both 360 and PS3).

Yeah, in getting this game I'm looking for some straight up, simple fun. I'm not limited too only getting the technical masterpieces like Madworld will be for Wii.

I loved the RE4 controls and look forward to using them in a less serious but equally (more?) violent way! Not to mention all of the fun melee weapons.

edit-
950974_20081008_screen010.jpg

950974_20080820_screen008.jpg

950974_20080820_screen007.jpg

950974_20080820_screen013.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably rent this. It doesn't look good enough to purchase, but my opinion might change after I rent it and get into it.

Maybe it'll give me something to do until June, when The Conduit is released. :lol:

I'll probably rent this. It doesn't look good enough to purchase, but my opinion might change after I rent it and get into it.

Maybe it'll give me something to do until June, when The Conduit is released. :lol:

IGN rated it a 6.9, which was about what I was expecting.

They say it is fun and about 10 hours long; so worth a rental but certainly won't keep you busy until June.

Maybe I'll look at Dead Rising in a few months when it's even cheaper but Madworld is taking my gaming money next month.

I'll be getting it tomorrow. Couldn't get it today my local store didn't have it in stock yet...

IGN rated it a 6.9, which was about what I was expecting.

They say it is fun and about 10 hours long; so worth a rental but certainly won't keep you busy until June.

Maybe I'll look at Dead Rising in a few months when it's even cheaper but Madworld is taking my gaming money next month.

Only ten hours? Ouch. To quote Charles Barkley, "dat's turrible".

One of the stores here has a copy of No More Heroes for $20. I've been thinking about getting it...

Well i bought it ,and i am really enjoying it. Heres what i can tell you.

Okay so there isnt a massive amount of zombies ,but this is what they did to work around that.

*Zombies are way more aggressive ( i watched one chase one of my surviors (one you have to follow in a later mission)
* They took out the jump command ,and roped/blocked off certain paths (not areas just paths you use to get to those areas. So you are basically forced to go through these zombies. Which i actually like better.
* At night time the zombie count goes up believe it ,or not. I believe it has something to do with it being darker so there isnt as much of a draw distance problem.
*Zombie masses respawn faster as well

One annoy thing is the zombie dog ,and bird. Even with the wiimote they move so fast its hard to get a good shot on them, and they attack you more frequently at night.

I like the mission structure better as you aren't left wondering where to go.
You get to save after every mission which helps
You get at least 3 weapons to use at any given time such as
*your gun
*your small melee weapon such as a bat ,or frying pan
*then you can pick up a big melee weapon such as lawn mower, bench ,and etc Once the big weapon drops ,or breaks you still have the small one.

Something that makes it slightly too easy is ammo is always in abundance. I never seem to run out. Every few zombies drops some kind of ammo. By the way sometimes you are rewarded with food for killing them pesky zombified pets.

I really enjoy the game hopefully it sells well enough to where 360/PS3 gets DR2 ,and we get a side story type game.

Just give it a chance don't base your thoughts on the reviews. Since reviews give it a 6 to a 6.5 i give it a 7.5

eh....a 7.5? You would've sold me if you said 8 or higher. You ALMOST made me buy it, but that extra 0.5 that you didn't give it really turned me off. lol

i took off those 5 for the few annoyances...NOT because of graphics ,or zombie count. Course I haven't finished the game yet so it may turn out to be an 8.

Its already becoming one of my favorite 3rd party Wii games.

I tried to rent this and Tenchu tonight, but they were both checked out!

man i still dont know if i should pick this up or not. i am thinking of getting it but then again the graphics and amount of zombies tear me down. i loved the original and am thinking of rather getting a xbox 360 and then i can play it and play a few 360 exclusives, then again i think i should just pay 40 bucks and hope ts still just has fun as the original but i have heard such mixed feelings. i dunno what to do

Back