Dead Wii

I'm not sure if it was an NTSC/PAL problem or not. My equip is definately NTSC, but the Wii is just one I picked up domestically in the US.

Nintendo seemed to think it was a defective video chip, but who knows.

I just know that I'm happy with it after receiving a new one in only 2 days!

(QFT means quoted for truth? it has almost 10 meanings :) just curious, haven't seen that one.)

Dead Wii too

:mad5: :yikes: :eek: :wtf:
Our new Wii died too after ONE WEEK!!! Just a BLACK screen. Won't even turn off. I've checked all the connections!!! SNIFF!!! A friend waited in line 8 hours to get us this for Christmas. :frown2:

Did you try to remove the power cord from the rear of the unit. I had the black screen when I went from the shopping channel back to the wii main. IK unplugged the power cable then replugged it and it powered up fine.

:frown2: :sad: :nonod:
I unplugged it... several times... because that was the only way I could turn it off. I called Gamestop. They told me to bring it in... We rushed there this evening in the rain....only to have them tell me even with their ability to scan the machine id to prove we purchased it there... that they would not exchange it after all because we didn't keep the receipt. Rubbing salt into the wound. Our 3 boys (different families) waited 8 hours+ in the cold to get this system. One of them was organized and kept his receipt safely. Described the whole shipment of 7 machines, etc... to prove YES we WERE there.... but no break....no pity on us....So much for customer service... even though we spend at least $1,000 each year there on games... We left with terrible disappointment. I will call Nintendo tomorrow. But we are VERY disappointed about this. It reminds me of the early days with defective Microsoft software. :nonod:

:scared: I unplugged it... several times... because that was the only way I could turn it off. I called Gamestop. They told me to bring it in... We rushed there this evening in the rain....only to have them tell me even with their ability to scan the machine id to prove we purchased it there... that they would not exchange it after all because we didn't keep the receipt :mad5:. Rubbing salt into the wound. Our 3 boys (different families) waited 8 hours+ in the cold to get this system. One of them was organized and kept his receipt safely. Described the whole shipment of 7 machines, etc... to prove YES we WERE there.... but no break....no pity on us....So much for customer service... even though we spend at least $1,000 each year there on games... We left with terrible disappointment. I will call Nintendo tomorrow. But we are VERY disappointed about this. It reminds me of the early days with defective Microsoft software.:mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

Last edited:
Just call Nintendo they will ship you a new one and have you ship the defective one back

Back