dealing with PS3 hatrid, and Wii fanboyism.

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
hey guys i googled list of wii games with scores or something and i found this site. so i found their list of reviews for the other 2 consoles as well. this is how it panned out.

lets take a count of how many games each console has with ratings of 80-100

Wii has a wopping 14
PS3 on the other hand has 41
360 dominated as you couldve guessed with 82

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

whats my point? clearly the wii is the one lacking in any good titles if your going to go by ratings. im not kocking the wii and i know most of you probably recognize me as a wii-hater but i am no such thing. as ive explained in a previous post (btw these stats are part of a post i mad ein the ps3 section, adn i though u should see them) i am a wii-software hater. but i wont get into that.

i just want the PS3 hatred to stop because there is NO reason to hate it now that it's affordable AND has good games. MANY MANY more good games to come.

offtopic!
pick up the latest issue of game informer and read their cover story on resistance 2.. has potential to blow call of duty 4 out of the water.. i didnt think any game could do that but they are approacing online games in a whole new way!

so any thoughts on the web pages ive found? i know thats not set in stone and some of those reviews may be slightly different on a different site but the general idea is present and obvious.

please lets keep it mature here and keep the flaming to yourself, the reason im making this thread is to open a few fanboy's eyes that are on this website, "ps3stinks" is one of the major ones here that pisses me off. lol

i will say that i am a nintendo, not wii, fanboy. I have been sticking with nintendo since nes. I have never touched another console. But i dont think that every wii games are good. Infact, I agree with u 100%.only first party and some third party games are good. others are bogus.And those party games/casual games/ports have got to stop. right now the ratio is 10 crap to 1 good quality game. Nintendo and other developers should get that ratio to 4 crap to 6 good games or atleast try. Because after brawl, mario kart, pikmin,animal crossing, wii isnt going to have good games. Nintendo should be like ms and sony. They should buy small time developers that can actually make good games. I mean come on, ninjabread man and anubis 2? :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

Last edited:
CyanRussel said:
Resistance 2...already got it..

Good stats...but not something i really wanted to see..
does the truth hurt? :lol: just kidding. like i said this is mainly to put an end to PS3 haters. you can dislike it all you want but just know there is no REAL reason to hate it now that it's affordable and has good games
vashivihan said:
i will say that i am a nintendo, not wii, fanboy. I have been sticking with nintendo since nes. I have never touched another console. But i dont think that every wii games are good. Infact, I agree with u 100%.only first party and some third party games are good. others are bogus.And those party games/casual games/ports have got to stop. right now the ratio is 10 crap to 1 good quality game. Nintendo and other developers should get that ratio to 4 crap to 6 good games or atleast try. Because after brawl, mario kart, pikmin,animal crossing, wii isnt going to have good games. Nintendo should be like ms and sony. They should buy small time developers that can actually make good games. I mean come on, ninjabread man and anubis 2? :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:
i agree man, i agree. they need to get serious about the wii or nintendo will lose their hardcore fan base for ever. i dotn know if they care after all they are a corp. and their main concern is money but they should at least give a ****. they still have enough good IPs left they havent tapped into for the wii yet like Starfox and the like but i dont see them ALL co ming to wii and if they did they would STILL have a 10-1 ratio. i actually think it's a lot worse than 10-1 but ill give wii the benefit of the doubt. if i had a couple hours of spare time id actually look up all the crap games and compile a list. maybe that would wake nintendo up. lol

Last edited:
Your Senses aren't the only thing failing here...

Maybe if you'd take a break from your daily 'Wii sucks for the following' speech or your 'Wii is deh puny macheene dat I crush wit mah fist!' seminar, people would be a bit more accepting of it.

Fanboys can greatly affect the view of a system, you know.

And please, you know Wii will never get good third party support because of developer's arrogance.

No matter how much you show them that good third party games sell, they will always find one reason or another to 'convince' themselves otherwise.

For them, ignorance is strength. They actually make more money with shovel-ware and use that as an 'excuse' to continue to produce it.

Maybe good developers should get their nose out of their money-pie and take a look at the charts.

AtomicB said:

Maybe if you'd take a break from your daily 'Wii sucks for the following' speech or your 'Wii is deh puny macheene dat I crush wit mah fist!' seminar, people would be a bit more accepting of it.

And please, you know Wii will never get good third party support because of developer's arrogance.

No matter how much you show them that good third party games sell, they will always find one reason or another to 'convince' themselves otherwise.

For them, ignorance is strength. They actually make more money with shovel-ware and use that as an 'excuse' to continue to produce it.

Maybe good developers should get their nose out of their money-pie and take a look at the charts.

but thats the million dollar question, isnt it? why would developers forget their good games and put crap on wii? only because of more money? do they not even care for gamers who enjoy games with quality that of smb3, lozoot and ratchet and clank?

AtomicB said:

i have NEVER stated that the wii sucks, let alone on a daily basis. i personally like the wii a lot.. i just dont like the games on it since im not a fan of nintendos stuff and 3rd party is clearly **** and most likly will always be **** the whole motion sensing gaming thing kinda went down the drain for me wich is my only gripe with the wii. that it was a letdown but in no way a failure so why dont you go read some of my posts and find me one where i say "wii sucks"

developers actually admit to making **** wii games to fund 360 games. isnt that a *****?

SensesFail said:
developers actually admit to making **** wii games to fund 360 games. isnt that a *****?

really whre does it say that?. if its true than that would be absurd. does nintendo know about this.IF THIS IS TRUE THAN ITS ABOUT TIME THAT WII BECOMES A FIRST PARTY GAMES CONSOLE ONLY.

vashivihan said:
but thats the million dollar question, isnt it? why would developers forget their good games and put crap on wii? only because of more money? do they not even care for gamers who enjoy games with quality that of smb3, lozoot and ratchet and clank?

One problem with that theory... It was a statement...
But that's besides the point.

You're exactly right. Developers are making more money on shovel-ware casual game than they are on mega-hella-awesome hard-core games.

Why?
Because they aren't making mega-hella-awesome hard-core games!

These 'new developers' are coming in and pushing crazap out on the Wii because it's easy!

Everyones scared to jump in the pool because no one want cold water in their ears! It's sickening!

I'm still waiting for the fat kid to jump into the pool and splash everyone else with a nice helping of 'I told you so'.

imo it dosn't matter, am i really going to own 82 games? NO

however wii's highest rated game is better than any other console's highest rated game, since i'm only going to buy a couple of games that's all what really matters to me

last gen all i got was melee and mario kart double dash, and i was very satisfied with my gamecube purchase

ps3 is a great system, i don't hate it, however i want to see it fail...why? so more third parties make better games for the wii, i want wii to be the next ps2....but better since it has better first party games(imo)

vashivihan said:
really whre does it say that?. if its true than that would be absurd. does nintendo know about this.IF THIS IS TRUE THAN ITS ABOUT TIME THAT WII BECOMES A FIRST PARTY GAMES CONSOLE ONLY.
i actually, beleive it or not, didnt pull this one out of my butt. there was a topic on the forum for a month or two ago wich linked an article with this information. it caused an uproar, i wonder how you couldve missed it?

and i cant agree with the "first party only" statment but i think Nintendo should better monitor the CRAP being released. its not like they cant do it..they just choose not to.
AtomicB said:
One problem with that theory... It was a statement...
But that's besides the point.

You're exactly right. Developers are making more money on shovel-ware casual game than they are on mega-hella-awesome hard-core games.

Why?
Because they aren't making mega-hella-awesome hard-core games!

These 'new developers' are coming in and pushing crazap out on the Wii because it's easy!

Everyones scared to jump in the pool because no one want cold water in their ears! It's sickening!

I'm still waiting for the fat kid to jump into the pool and splash everyone else with a nice helping of 'I told you so'.
haha great analogy, props.

mushroomedmario said:

however wii's highest rated game is better than any other console's highest rated game, since i'm only going to buy a couple of games that's all what really matters to me

last gen all i got was melee and mario kart double dash, and i was very satisfied with my gamecube purchase

ps3 is a great system, i don't hate it, however i want to see it fail...why? so more third parties make better games for the wii, i want wii to be the next ps2....but better since it has better first party games(imo)
oh and you wont see better wii games if PS3 fails, youll see even more crappy games. you see, developers dont make good games because PS3 is there to make them on..thats not it at all.. they choose to make bad games for wii because they SELL! you really want to put an end to it? boycott the shitty party games and tell your friends to dot he same. it wont dom uch but every bit would help and at the very least youll have the satisfaction of knowing you do not support this type of game developement.

SensesFail said:
oh and you wont see better wii games if PS3 fails, youll see even more crappy games. you see, developers dont make good games because PS3 is there to make them on..thats not it at all.. they choose to make bad games for wii because they SELL! you really want to put an end to it? boycott the shitty party games and tell your friends to dot he same. it wont dom uch but every bit would help and at the very least youll have the satisfaction of knowing you do not support this type of game developement.

if the ps3 dosn't have good sales, developers will just move their games to the wii....i'm just talking about the good developers(like capcom or square.)

mushroomedmario said:

That, sir, is what we call an Oh-Pin-Yun.
I happen to think that Super Mario Galaxy = Bioshock.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for Retro/Steam Punk-ish themes (Skyworld in Metroid Prime 3? Crazy Madness!)

And while that PS3 comment was kind of fanboy-ish, it makes perfect sense.

I mean, more developers to go around, right? And I have a hunch that if the PS3 were to tank, we'd be getting dibs on Square. ''O.O''

SensesFail said:
i actually, beleive it or not, didnt pull this one out of my butt. there was a topic on the forum for a month or two ago wich linked an article with this information. it caused an uproar, i wonder how you couldve missed it?

and i cant agree with the "first party only" statment but i think Nintendo should better monitor the CRAP being released. its not like they cant do it..they just choose not to.

Didn't they used to do that in the 90's? Back when the 'Nintendo Official Seal of Quality' meant something...

Maybe we wouldn't get abominations such as 'Ninjabread Man'.

At least Wii is getting Monster Hunter 3. You don't know how excited I am for this...

LOL So you made this post to start a flame war huh?

No one hates the PS3 man. It's just that people have already bought the xbox 360 or a new video card. Gamers are not rich man. The PS3 just isn't doing it for lots of people when it can't even top the xbox 360 graphicly, yet it cost more. This isn't hate it's the truth. No one cares about reviews when you have to spend $300-400 dollars on some thing that plays like a PS2 yet has xbox 360 graphics. This is the reason why the PS2 still sells.

Really the only thing hurting SONY is them selves and it's been like that since the start. I mean yeah fanbios have laughed at the sales yet it has been laughed at from all sides. I mean so many things have brought them down. I will not list them because we all know them now.

"developers actually admit to making **** wii games to fund 360 games. isnt that a *****?" Yes it is a ***** and a pure shame that the Wii has to sell crappy games to even keep HD game development afloat. I mean hell how long will the Wii have to be the crutches of the industry? I mean dang EA owns madden. There is no hate over on the Wii side man. It sold almost 20 million in one year. The PS2 only sold 6 in it's first year with a DVD player in it! Hey you can only keep the HD development going if you are actualy selling a lot of units.

Well here is to the PS3 winning over the xbox 360 because if that does happen then that will only mean the game are starting to flood to that system and a price drop has happened. Two things keeping those two thing from happening cost of development and Nvidia, Oh one more thing blue ray... and no one cares about it winning the format war because we all know terabyte disk will be out in like 2 years. Blueray will be the next laser disk and thats not hate... just look at how long blue ray will remain some thing that is only part of movie freak's entertainment systems. Plus too a new HD format is coming which is roughly two times the resolution. Then on top of that people are actually claiming that blueray sales are actually hurting PS3 game sales! I mean after that TV and the system some thing has to be pretty lacking.

It's not hate man... it's more like silence... Hell if the PS3 does great then cool! You should really get the PS3 owners to buy more games too. Don't worry about Wii owners. They are not going to drop that kind of cash on a second system, hell most people are having a hard time buying games at the moment for any system.

I mean xbox and GC owners sounded a lot like you last gen... yet the PS2 got all the games because it sold the most regardless of how powerful it was. Thats not hate man developer will ignore the number till other post their profits. With the Wii being the number one in software last month head will begin to turn. After that minds will change. If you like your system then play it! No one is showing up to the party right now, yet it's not over!

Last edited:
Back