dealing with PS3 hatrid, and Wii fanboyism.

AtomicB said:

That, sir, is what we call an Oh-Pin-Yun.
I happen to think that Super Mario Galaxy = Bioshock.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for Retro/Steam Punk-ish themes (Skyworld in Metroid Prime 3? Crazy Madness!)

And while that PS3 comment was kind of fanboy-ish, it makes perfect sense.

I mean, more developers to go around, right? And I have a hunch that if the PS3 were to tank, we'd be getting dibs on Square. ''O.O''

Didn't they used to do that in the 90's? Back when the 'Nintendo Official Seal of Quality' meant something...

Maybe we wouldn't get abominations such as 'Ninjabread Man'.

At least Wii is getting Monster Hunter 3. You don't know how excited I am for this...

I was talking about ratings, since that's what this whole thread is about

and was the last comment directed at me sarcasm?

Last edited:
to be honest,i am a sony fan boy, i am also a firm supporter of nintendo, but microsoft just gotta go to be honest.

Dkw0101 said:
to be honest,i am a sony fan boy, i am also a firm supporter of nintendo, but microsoft just gotta go to be honest.
Have you lost it....lol....not to flame you or attack you...just a question?

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?
As good as microsoft is doing now...you want it to leave?

CyanRussel said:
Have you lost it....lol....not to flame you or attack you...just a question?

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?
As good as microsodt is doing now...you want it to leave?

.....yes. i just don't beleive microsoft is very a good gaming area, I will leave it at that as to not make any microsoft fanboys angry

Dkw0101 said:
.....yes. i just don't beleive microsoft is very a good gaming area, I will leave it at that as to not make any microsoft fanboys angry

Tools wise and internet gaming... yes but good for gaming.. maybe not. We will see... So far their best games have been from other developers and I don't really like those either. MS could be a power house but I'm not sure what it is but some them just will not let them completely rock?

You just know they are going to find away to do a vista like console...LOL Seriously no trust these guys and they own the OS market. The xbox was a good move... they are learning and soon they will figure out nintendo also!

Unfortunately for PS3 fans, take out the multiplatform games and the list shrinks....to below the Wii. That's what I think is Sony's fundamental problem. Why should I pay more money for a console when the majority of its good games are on another console that's cheaper? Right now, judging by sales of exclusive games, people seem to be buying it to play Blu-Ray movies. It's a good thing that developers can port games from the 360 to the PS3 or else Sony fanboys would probably not be happy campers either.

If Resistance wasn't like Halo where you have to shoot them alot to kill them and jumping/running around frantically, then I would buy it. But im not into those types of shooters.

A couple of things bug me about that:

1. It doesn't take into account the whole year headstart of the 360 (so it's obvious they'll have more games).

2. Some of those games are obviously going to be multiplatformed (so that 360 and PS3 will share some of those +80% titles).

3. It's composed by game reviews. Reviews aren't above bias. Take for example some fantastic games for the Wii that scored less than they should: Umbrella Chronicles, Wii Sports, Medal of Honour Heroes and Mario Strikers Charged have been pretty damn popular too. Sometimes games get put down more than they should.

4. There's a lot of PS3 hate for things that have both happened in the past, and are still happening. You've got to allow a certain level of criticism, of both the company and the games. I'm not PS3 lover, but fanboyism is against the rules. That's why I justify my opinions with why I dislike the PS3 (usually a case of don't like the idea of Blu-ray being forced on me if I want to play the next Final Fantasy, there's more exclusives that I want on the 360, the PS3 controller is obviously not going to be as natural to play as the wiimote, no backwards compatibility for the 40GB version, I think Sony has been very arrogant about their machine and the fanbase often seems to me as condescending and ignorant (from my experience)).

5. You're on a Wii forum. Most people on here are Wii fans. This is a community of people, in which the Wii brings together. I've visited other console forums, and this one actually has more people saying they dislike the Wii than any other console forum. That basically says that the userbase is actually more tolerant of other views than a lot of other forums. That's not to say they won't get agrivated when people slag off the Wii for no real reason (and no real evidence).

WiitnessID said:
LOL So you made this post to start a flame war huh?

No one hates the PS3 man. It's just that people have already bought the xbox 360 or a new video card. Gamers are not rich man. The PS3 just isn't doing it for lots of people when it can't even top the xbox 360 graphicly, yet it cost more. This isn't hate it's the truth. No one cares about reviews when you have to spend $300-400 dollars on some thing that plays like a PS2 yet has xbox 360 graphics. This is the reason why the PS2 still sells.

Really the only thing hurting SONY is them selves and it's been like that since the start. I mean yeah fanbios have laughed at the sales yet it has been laughed at from all sides. I mean so many things have brought them down. I will not list them because we all know them now.

"developers actually admit to making **** wii games to fund 360 games. isnt that a *****?" Yes it is a ***** and a pure shame that the Wii has to sell crappy games to even keep HD game development afloat. I mean hell how long will the Wii have to be the crutches of the industry?youre joking right? the reason they do this is to make easy, fast money to make games even better. HD gaming doesnt need wii. they are totally seperate and the wii cant compete with hd gaming at all. the rest of your post will be disregarded, by me anyways. i dont really have time to read and argue with you specifically I mean dang EA owns madden. There is no hate over on the Wii side man. It sold almost 20 million in one year. The PS2 only sold 6 in it's first year with a DVD player in it! Hey you can only keep the HD development going if you are actualy selling a lot of units.

Well here is to the PS3 winning over the xbox 360 because if that does happen then that will only mean the game are starting to flood to that system and a price drop has happened. Two things keeping those two thing from happening cost of development and Nvidia, Oh one more thing blue ray... and no one cares about it winning the format war because we all know terabyte disk will be out in like 2 years. Blueray will be the next laser disk and thats not hate... just look at how long blue ray will remain some thing that is only part of movie freak's entertainment systems. Plus too a new HD format is coming which is roughly two times the resolution. Then on top of that people are actually claiming that blueray sales are actually hurting PS3 game sales! I mean after that TV and the system some thing has to be pretty lacking.

It's not hate man... it's more like silence... Hell if the PS3 does great then cool! You should really get the PS3 owners to buy more games too. Don't worry about Wii owners. They are not going to drop that kind of cash on a second system, hell most people are having a hard time buying games at the moment for any system.

I mean xbox and GC owners sounded a lot like you last gen... yet the PS2 got all the games because it sold the most regardless of how powerful it was. Thats not hate man developer will ignore the number till other post their profits. With the Wii being the number one in software last month head will begin to turn. After that minds will change. If you like your system then play it! No one is showing up to the party right now, yet it's not over!
stopped int he middle of the second paragraph. your obviously a fanboy, not to mention you lack any knowlege of current gaming systems. the PS3 is known for it's raw, yet currently untapped, power. so stating it cant top the 360 is something id expect to hear from a fanboys mouth.

this will proba bly be a double post and im sor ry for that, but to combine this post with my last one would be rediculously long lol

Squall7 said:
A couple of things bug me about that:

1. It doesn't take into account the whole year headstart of the 360 (so it's obvious they'll have more games).
years head start or not, fact is 360 is known for its large game selection
2. Some of those games are obviously going to be multiplatformed (so that 360 and PS3 will share some of those +80% titles).
shouldtn matter if their multi-platform. we are not talking exclusives and i am comparing 360 against ps3 against wii. not ps360 against wii
3. It's composed by game reviews. Reviews aren't above bias. Take for example some fantastic games for the Wii that scored less than they should: Umbrella Chronicles, Wii Sports, Medal of Honour Heroes and Mario Strikers Charged have been pretty damn popular too. Sometimes games get put down more than they should.
were going strictly on reviews in this thread, i could think lair was a great game but clearly it doesnt deserve to be on the top of the list for many reasons, thats where personal opinion comes in
4. There's a lot of PS3 hate for things that have both happened in the past, and are still happening. You've got to allow a certain level of criticism, of both the company and the games. I'm not PS3 lover, but fanboyism is against the rules. no but it is certainly frowned upon in the gaming worldThat's why I justify my opinions with why I dislike the PS3 fair enough, to each his own, right?(usually a case of don't like the idea of Blu-ray being forced on me if I want to play the next Final Fantasy,i think blu-ray was very generious of sony to include, considering how cheap th console is compared to a stand alone player there's more exclusives that I want on the 360,naturally the PS3 controller is obviously not going to be as natural to play as the wiimote,this varys among the user. to me, the ps2 controller was the only controller i ever liked until current gen. adn tru wiimote feels ncie i still prefer 360/PS3 controllers over it mostly for the akward angles im forced to point my thumb to hit face buttons no backwards compatibility for the 40GB version,they dont force this version on you though, it's an option. I think Sony has been very arrogant about their machine cant argue that. their arrogent pricks this time around and they have had no room to talk. no doubt.and the fanbase often seems to me as condescending and ignorant (from my experience)).from mine, and im not trying to flame, but 360 owners are the WORST.. followed by wii owners and their ignorant arguments but i dotn come across many ps3 owners (lol) so i really cant say anything about them. i think it's all of us to be honest. everybodys got a little fanboy in them wether they like to admit it or not.

5. You're on a Wii forum. Most people on here are Wii fans. This is a community of people, in which the Wii brings together. I've visited other console forums, and this one actually has more people saying they dislike the Wii than any other console forum. That basically says that the userbase is actually more tolerant of other views than a lot of other forums. That's not to say they won't get agrivated when people slag off the Wii for no real reason (and no real evidence).

SensesFail said:
years head start or not, fact is 360 is known for its large game selection
Indeed. I wasn't making an excuse, I was making a reason. I remember the 360 didn't have all that great a selection in it's first year (If I remember rightly).

shouldtn matter if their multi-platform. we are not talking exclusives and i am comparing 360 against ps3 against wii. not ps360 against wii
What I was more arguing (but it hasn't come across) is that PS3 and 360 has a lot of multiplatform games, and in essence, those top scores are pretty much the same game on either console. As such, the number doesn't take into account exclusives that are either good or bad system sellers. As such, you do get people dissing the PS3, partly for the reason that most of it's 41 80% plus games are on another console also. Taking into account, how many of those 14 games are exclusive to the Wii? Surely a few excellent games on an exclusive console shouldn't even be thought of in the same way as a system which has more good games, but that can be found on other consoles...

were going strictly on reviews in this thread, i could think lair was a great game but clearly it doesnt deserve to be on the top of the list for many reasons, thats where personal opinion comes in
True, but then, a lot of people don't trust reviews from certain places (take Gamespot for example, a lot of people see them as anti-Nintendo). Of course, it's impossible to do this kind of thing with anything else other than publications, but by the same token, with allegations of 'buying a better review' as been made more aware by the Kane and Lynch reviewer from Gamespot (I think it was Gamespot, could be another site), one has to wonder about the validity of some scores.

no but it is certainly frowned upon in the gaming world
Most people are hypocrites in the gaming world. I admit that I can come off a little fanboy-ish, but what I don't do is say things without reason.

fair enough, to each his own, right?
Exactly.

i think blu-ray was very generious of sony to include, considering how cheap th console is compared to a stand alone player
I would think it was generous, but it's obviously a tool to try and win the format war against HD DVD. Personally, I'm still doubting whether Blu Ray will become as prominent as DVD has, and as such, I consider Blu Ray a technology that artifically inflates the price, but isn't even established as the next widely used technology.

this varys among the user. to me, the ps2 controller was the only controller i ever liked until current gen. adn tru wiimote feels ncie i still prefer 360/PS3 controllers over it mostly for the akward angles im forced to point my thumb to hit face buttons
I always felt that the Gamecube controller felt like it was trying to imitate the dual shock, a bit, and I didnt' really like the dual shock. I could get on with it, but it never really felt comfortable to me. Besides, stuff like Wii bowling seems more 'natural' on the wiimote than using a ps3 controller (to me at least).

they dont force this version on you though, it's an option.
Technically, they have stopped producing the 20GB and the 60GB, so in essence, if we want a new one, soon enough, it'll have to be the 40GB version. Plus the European version was software emulated, rather than hardware emulated (resulting in imperfect backward compatibility).

cant argue that. their arrogent pricks this time around and they have had no room to talk. no doubt.
:yesnod: :smilewinkgrin:

from mine, and im not trying to flame, but 360 owners are the WORST.. followed by wii owners and their ignorant arguments but i dotn come across many ps3 owners (lol) so i really cant say anything about them. i think it's all of us to be honest. everybodys got a little fanboy in them wether they like to admit it or not.
True. I think the voicechat on xbox live doesn't help matters (heard lots of bad language and elitist banter that really doesn't do anything but artificially bolster up their own egos). A lot of the time, people see Nintendo Fanboys as little kids. I can honestly say that I've met more Nintendo fans that are older than me, than younger than me. However, I've known a few PS3 fanboys that are a bit over the top and claim usually outlandish things. Heck, the ones that were on here were just completely arrogant and always took anything and spun it to make Sony look the best (people like Wii&ps3 and Shiftfallout - although Shiftfallout did provide an intellectual side).

OK I'm not a fanboi and I actually reeeeeeeaally want a PS3 but metacritic is BS.

A lot of the Wii games on there in the 7 range deserve to be higher.

Also the 360 has been out a bit longer and a lot of those games are old as ****. lol NFS most wanted i have that on th GC.

Last edited:
SensesFail said:
hey guys i googled list of wii games with scores or something and i found this site. so i found their list of reviews for the other 2 consoles as well. this is how it panned out.

lets take a count of how many games each console has with ratings of 80-100

Wii has a wopping 14
PS3 on the other hand has 41
360 dominated as you couldve guessed with 82

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

whats my point? clearly the wii is the one lacking in any good titles if your going to go by ratings. im not kocking the wii and i know most of you probably recognize me as a wii-hater but i am no such thing. as ive explained in a previous post (btw these stats are part of a post i mad ein the ps3 section, adn i though u should see them) i am a wii-software hater. but i wont get into that.

i just want the PS3 hatred to stop because there is NO reason to hate it now that it's affordable AND has good games. MANY MANY more good games to come.

offtopic!
pick up the latest issue of game informer and read their cover story on resistance 2.. has potential to blow call of duty 4 out of the water.. i didnt think any game could do that but they are approacing online games in a whole new way!

so any thoughts on the web pages ive found? i know thats not set in stone and some of those reviews may be slightly different on a different site but the general idea is present and obvious.

please lets keep it mature here and keep the flaming to yourself, the reason im making this thread is to open a few fanboy's eyes that are on this website, "ps3stinks" is one of the major ones here that pisses me off. lol

All the Wii fanboys have just been PWNED!

I've been waiting for something like this to come around. I've always had the suspicion that the Wii has disproportionatly had low scoring (i.e., crappy) games. Everytime a crappy 7.0 or lower scored games comes out (which has been 95% of Wii games), I wonder this even more. Now it has been confirmed.

On a similar note, I've always wondering if there is a statistic of average score across all games for a console (i.e., the averaged rating for all games on a particular console). I'm willing to bet that the ranking of ratings would go something like this: 360>PS3>Wii. The 360 would have the highest averaged game rating with the Wii having the worst and the PS3 somewhere in between.

So I suppose that would mean that the Wii has the worst graphics AND gameplay, right?

mushroomedmario said:
imo it dosn't matter, am i really going to own 82 games? NO

however wii's highest rated game is better than any other console's highest rated game, since i'm only going to buy a couple of games that's all what really matters to me

last gen all i got was melee and mario kart double dash, and i was very satisfied with my gamecube purchase

ps3 is a great system, i don't hate it, however i want to see it fail...why? so more third parties make better games for the wii, i want wii to be the next ps2....but better since it has better first party games(imo)

LOL! Way to rationalize it. Fanboys can always come up with a way to rationalize the Wii's failings.

Why would you want more third parties to come to the Wii anyway? They'll end up making more games than you can buy anyway, right?

Back