Decisions, Decisions...

Letemburn

WiiChat Member
Sep 19, 2006
Dont know how many threads there have been like this, probably many. Im a huge xbox live player and run my own site dedicated to online play for the 360.

But....

I am deciding btw. the Wii and the PS3. The PS3 in away feels pointless having a 360 while the Wii would be a nice change of pace. What worries me is that im a huge online gamer and i know thats not Nintendos strong point. I have never in my life touched a Zelda game, is the game really all its made out to be, is it really a system seller like many are saying? (Really help me out if someone could give me a run down on what Zelda is really all about). So the question is, pick up a $250 Wii and save my online gaming to just 360 or pick up a $600 PS3 and enjoy online with both PS3 and 360?

the Wii is going to have online gaming. and yes, the LoZ games are as good as they say. just look at almost everyones top games of all time list. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is probably number one. the LoZ series is my favorite by far.

get all three.

but if you dont want to do that, LoZ is a really good series but i dont recomend getting a wii just for that game. Since the wii will be backwards compatible you wont have to worry about knowing that there is just ONE good game on the wii for sure, rather, that all the good tittles that were on gamecube will be playable on the wii. My personal opinion, there are very few games that are really worth buying on the gamecube t.t so the final decision is up to you.

i too am an xbox lover. i LOVE playing xbox live and alot of the xbox games. however nintendo has alot of games that are just pure fun to play. not too hard nor not too easy. also Wii Connect seems like its gonna be a great online service. the PS3 has its graphics and thats it (they arnt really even much better than the 360 if you compare the GPU's). ive been a fan of sony, nintendo, and MS untill this upcoming gen. now its really just nintendo and MS. sony is just to confedent in themselves thistime and it just bugs me. i say get a Wii. VIVA LA WI60!

I also have a 360 and play on live.I already have prepayed for a wii system also.It realy comes down to this for me.The 360 and ps3 will have most the same games .I realy dont care for bluray yet so there aint nothing there for me.
I personally think the 360 will be #1 in this new wave of systems.The ps3 will be dead last with the wii pulling strong in second.Why buy a ps3 when you can have a wii and 360 for the same cost of ONE ps3.That is what most parents will think when this holiday seson comes.
The wii will be the finnal blow to the ps3.I personaly think it is over due to get nintendo back in the top ranks..

you have a cool name CHIP, just like CHIP from Guilty Gear. Too bad you have a 360.

Personally I think 360 is a waste of money but each person has their own tastes. I was a nintendo fan up untill the gamecube. GC was such a disapointment that im not even going to second think about going with another nintedo system.

If i were to chose between 360 and wii i would probably choose wii even though I have lost faith in nintendo i chose the lesser of two evils.

but since the thread starter already has a 360 t.t I think he should get a ps3 because he will be able to play all the awsome ps1 and ps2 games as well as ps3 games and have a blue-ray player for the future and online gameing with ps3 games.

Dark Void said:
you have a cool name CHIP, just like CHIP from Guilty Gear. Too bad you have a 360.

Personally I think 360 is a waste of money but each person has their own tastes. I was a nintendo fan up untill the gamecube. GC was such a disapointment that im not even going to second think about going with another nintedo system.

I agree, the only games I play on my GC are RE4, Wind Waker, Geist and MKDD and MKDD is not very good but fun for a while with splitscreen.
Geist was only fun for like 4 hours or so.
Almost all the games are made for small kids so that only leaves 2 good games on that system.

If i were to chose between 360 and wii i would probably choose wii even though I have lost faith in nintendo i chose the lesser of two evils.

I'd like to have both but havent seen any really good games for the 360 yet, I was reading about Dead Rising yesterday and that seems like fun.

but since the thread starter already has a 360 t.t I think he should get a ps3 because he will be able to play all the awsome ps1 and ps2 games as well as ps3 games and have a blue-ray player for the future and online gameing with ps3 games.

I taught it could'nt play PS1 games???? and Blueray.... Good luck with that if things will go like with the PS2 you'll need to replace the Optical drive twice a year because the quality is crap. And yeah, did you know that you need to have a HDCP compatible TV set to play Blueray movies :lol: I say *uck the PS3 and Blueray, right now it seems like HD-DVD is winning the battle.

To play PS1 and PS2 games on the PS3, you need to buy an attachment. Hooray for Sony charging even more money. Seriously though, the PS3 has nothing in it that's even remotely worth paying money for. The Wii will have great games and I don't even need to mention the controller.

Personally, if I were you, I would wait until both consoles are out, and compare the games and reviews of the systems. Then make your decision. If you already have a 360, you shouldn't need to jump on any of these systems until you're ready and sure of what you want.

And we can't really tell you what makes Zelda great. Some would say it's the legend and story behind them. Some might say the story itself. Some might say gameplay, others characters. And then some think it's a perfect blend of all these things. I personally think it's just a great game, that's fun to play, and easy to learn. And since each game is a fresh variation, you don't need to have played the other Zeldas to understand what is going on.

I would suggest getting an N64 emulator and trying out Ocarina Of Time. If you like it, you'll like the new one. If you don't, you probably wont like the new one. It's all up to you. Do the research, and make an educated decision. You'll get mixed messages on every side of the board if you ask in a public forum.

Dark Void said:

Thanks for the answers everyone, but really what makes the 360 useless? Xbox live cannot be beat, if you like online gaming then xbox 360 is of course the way to go i see it but since i already got one i was looking for one more system. 360 has Halo 3 coming out, Gears of War, Forza 2, and many more games that are exclusive to the 360. There are not many exclusive games at all for the PS3 but it turns out it is the most powerful, but most powerful doesnt always win and always doesnt play like the most powerful. Dont get me wrong PS3 will be a great system, so will Wii, and the 360 is great, you cant go wrong with none of them IMO. I think i will do what the one guy said and just wait a couple months or until about Christmas and look at the reviews and such and make my decision then.

I actually might be getting all three next gen systems. I have the 360 (got it launch date!) and i'll be getting the Wii on launch date. After my friend gets a PS3, i'll test it out and maybe get one myself.

Back