Definate answer on game/console compatability...please!

junkedone

WiiChat Member
Nov 30, 2007
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if someone, anyone can give me an answer on region coding/game compatibility.
Will a UK Pal game (say one bought on eBay, for example) work on an Australian console?
There are so many answers out there, many yes, many no, and I am severely confused. I know that they do on 360 consoles, and ps consoles, but no definite answer on the Wii.
HELP...please ?!?

Europe games + Aussie consoles = perfect fit

USA and japanese and asian countrie games + Aussie console = NOOO BINGO

I live in NY and would like to send Nintendo Wii to my 10 yr old nephew in the UK but am unsure if a US Wii will console work in the UK?

any advice?

alibi212 said:
I live in NY and would like to send Nintendo Wii to my 10 yr old nephew in the UK but am unsure if a US Wii will console work in the UK?

any advice?
I don't see why not, if needed he would just have to change the systems language from English. :crazy:

alibi212 said:

any advice?

It can be made to work, however, he will not be able to play any games actually purchased in the UK. Taking region locked electronics across regions usually can be made to work, but at a very high cost.

alibi212 said:

any advice?
well the UK uses a higher voltage so you need to change that with a convertor i believe it was. also he can only play games that you buy in the US or from your north and south neibours.:lol:

Back