define your name

T

The_Loose_Cannon

seeing as how we have a "whats your name" thread, i thought id go into a bit more detail (man that sounds stalkerish like "brawny" lol) and get to know the definition/origin of your name! sounds interesting enough right? :)

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/search.php?s=jill&g=0&t=1

The girl's name Jill \j(i)-ll\ is pronounced jeel. Short form of Gillian, from Juliana (Latin) "youthful". Now often used as an independent given name. It was already used in the phrase "Jack and Jill" in the 15th century. Actresses Jill St. John, Jill Eikenberry, Jill Ireland; English novelist Jilly Cooper; fashion designer Jil Sander.

Jill has 17 variant forms: Jil, Jilian, Jilana, Jillan, Jillana, Jillane, Jillayne, Jilleen, Jillene, Jilli, Jillian, Jillianne, Jillie, Jilly, Jillyan, Jyl and Jyll.

Baby names that sound like Jill are Gill, Ailli, Aila, Aili, Willa, Eila, Gila, Gilly, Jael, Joell, Jola, Joly, Joli, Juli, Jully, July and Willy.

Jill is a very popular female first name and an uncommon surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census).

I know the name Michael means 'who is like the Lord' =D got a mug which says it (h) cool idea though:

The boy's and girl's name Michael \m(i)-chael\ is pronounced MYE-kal. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "who resembles God". Biblical: Michael is the archangel (chief or principal angel) who defeats the dragon. He and Gabriel are the only two angels given personal names in the canonical Bible. Many saints, emperors, and kings have borne the name, and there are many variants, male and female. Michiel, the Gaelic spelling, is frequently used. This may be intentional, or it may be an accidental transposition of the "ae" vowels. Michael and Angelo are frequently blended in Latin-based language-speaking countries, as in Michelangelo Buonarroti, the Italian artist. Miguel (mee-GEL) is a Spanish and Portuguese form; Michel is French and popular in the Netherlands; Michiel (mee-KHEEL) is Dutch; Mikael, Mikell, Mikkel are Scandinavian; Michail, Mikhail are Russian; Michal is Polish; Miko is Slavic; Mikel, Miquel are Basque, French. Of the many national variants, several are indicated here. Baseball star Mickey Mantle; actors Mickey Rooney, Michael Caine, Michael J. Fox, Michel Chiklis, Michael Gambon, Michael Imperioli, Mike Myers; singers Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger; cartoon star Mickey Mouse; Soviet statesman Mikhail Gorbachev; hockey player Mike Modano; fashion designer Michael Kors.

Michael has 40 variant forms: Makai, Micael, Mical, Micha, Michaelangelo, Michail, Michal, Micheal, Michel, Michelangelo, Michele, Michiel, Mickey, Micky, Miguel, Mihail, Mihaly, Mikael, Mike, Mikel, Mikell, Mikey, Mikkel, Mikhail, Mikhalis, Mikhos, Mikkel, Miko, Mikol, Miky, Miquel, Mischa, Misha, Mitch, Mitchell, Mychael, Mychal, Mykal, Mykel and Mykell.

What can I say, the mug never lies.

Wiired said:
I know the name Michael means 'who is like the Lord' =D got a mug which says it (h) cool idea though:

What can I say, the mug never lies.

haha i used to have one of those too when i was little! white mug with green letters saying what my name ment. jeez i wonder what ever happend to that mug....:confused:

Wow thats pretty cool, My name is Jason Godin

The boy's name Jason \j(a)-son\ is pronounced JAY-sun. It is of Greek and Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "healer; the Lord is salvation". Variant of Joshua. Biblical: an early Christian associate of Paul. Greek mythology: Jason was leader of a group of warrior heroes called the Argonauts. Singer J'son; actors Jason Robards, Jason Lee, Jason Priestley, Jason Patric, Jason Biggs.

Jason has 13 variant forms: Jace, Jacen, Jaisen, Jaison, Jase, Jasen, Jasin, Jasun, Jay, Jayce, Jaysen, Jayson and J'son.

Last Name is Godin
The boy's name Godin \g(o)-din\ is a variant of Godwin.

The baby name Godin sounds like Gidon, Goodwin, Godwyn, Godwinn, Godden and Kadin. Other similar baby names are Bodin and Gorin.

Godin is a very rare male first name and a very popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census).

heheh cool^^

my name is Sabino.....

the name sabino \s(a)-bi-no is pronounced sa-BEE-noh, it is of latin origin, and its meaning is "Sabine". The Sabines were a tribe living in central italy around the Romulus and Remus established the city of Rome. Romulus arranged mass kidnapping of the Sabine wives so as to provide wives of the citizens of Rome. In saint's name in use at least the second century. Sabina is the feminine form.

Sabino has 4 variant forms: Sabeeno, Sabin, Savin, and Savino

Sabino is a very rare male first name and popular surname.

cant copy or paste....im on my wii

WTF:wtf: My names not on thier.

Ah well, i no my name means Joy, and in full it means 'the joy of the Lord is with you'

My name is Ayo and in full Ayooluwapo (toungue twister:lol: ) And its from African Origin

Ayo said:
WTF:wtf: My names not on thier.

Ah well, i no my name means Joy, and in full it means 'the joy of the Lord is with you'

My name is Ayo and in full Ayooluwapo (toungue twister:lol: ) And its from African Origin

if it makes you feel any better neither is "redence" which is my boyfriends given name (ray is his nick name)

hes filipino. apparently my bfs dad's drinking buddy's name was "redence" so thats how they got the name lmao

Zachary is a very popular male first name and a very popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below is the baby name popularity trend for the boy's name Zachary. Click here to compare Zachary with related baby names.
I hate my name>_>

Last edited:
OH my name is Emma.....

The boy's and girl's name Emma \e(m)-ma\ is pronounced EM-ah. It is of German origin, and its meaning is "whole, complete". Literary: title character of the Jane Austen novel "Emma". Actress/writer Emma Thompson; singer Emmylou Harris.

Emma has 3 variant forms: Emmajean, Emmalee and Emmy.

For more information, see also related names Emmaline, Ima and Amelia.

Baby names that sound like Emma are Amma, Ama, Emmie, Em, Amia, Jemma, Jama, Oma, Uma, Ooma and Yuma.

Emma is a very popular female first name and a popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census).

emmspokemon said:
OH my name is Emma.....

The boy's and girl's name Emma \e(m)-ma\ is pronounced EM-ah. It is of German origin, and its meaning is "whole, complete". Literary: title character of the Jane Austen novel "Emma". Actress/writer Emma Thompson; singer Emmylou Harris.

Emma has 3 variant forms: Emmajean, Emmalee and Emmy.

For more information, see also related names Emmaline, Ima and Amelia.

Baby names that sound like Emma are Amma, Ama, Emmie, Em, Amia, Jemma, Jama, Oma, Uma, Ooma and Yuma.

Emma is a very popular female first name and a popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census).
Boys can be called Emma>!?!?1?1?1?1?!?!

The_Loose_Cannon said:
if it makes you feel any better neither is "redence" which is my boyfriends given name (ray is his nick name)

hes filipino. apparently my bfs dad's drinking buddy's name was "redence" so thats how they got the name lmao
LOL, what a way to name ur child, i luv my name anyway coz its kinda unique so it makes me easy to remember

I no this may b abit off topic, but does anyone know what they will call thier children.

For a boy probably Malachi
For a girl probably Lea

Thier the first 2 ive thought of

Ayo said:
LOL, what a way to name ur child, i luv my name anyway coz its kinda unique so it makes me easy to remember

lol yes very creative! but its a true story lol.

if i were to name my child......hmmm i think if its a girl id name is "sophia kimber"

if its a boy...possibly a JR. not quite sure. i think if its a boy ill let my man decide on his name as long as its not really stupid lol

Back