Degrees of the wiimote's signal

I_WANT_WII

TEH HAXXORS
Aug 29, 2006
Ontario,Canada
I got the idea for this question when I was watching TV and I had to go up to the TV to turn the volume down (the remote only turns it up for some reason) and I was holding teh remote in my hand above the television and pointed it down to my tv to change the channel but it didn't work because my remote control didn't have a wide enough signal. Then I thought, how wide will the wiimote's (hehhehe sounds like a kid with a lisp) signal be? I am sorry if someone explained it already and I wasn't paying attention, I found it very strange that I did not yet know.

Good question... I'm eagre to see the answer.. I dunno about what angle the "cone" is, but I know it stretches for about 15 ft?

trust me. the wii mote is like all knowing. lets just say it knows what you do in the shower, using wiiconnect24 bahahahahahaha

Well, for the pointer a typical IR signal cone is about 50 degrees, but for the wireless connection, it uses bluetooth, which is 360 degrees. So, unless you are using the pointer, which requires you to point in the general direction of the sensor bar just by nature, the only way the Wiimote can go out of signal is by getting too far away.

it shuld be good unless its behind a big projector screen, harmony remote won't work in home entertainment center because all of the components are behind projector screen, right after we bought it they came out with a thing you put under the screen though :(

I'm thinking that the wiimote will send a signal from any angle, since when you wave your wiimote like hitting a tennis ball, it'll send the signal to the wii. I think that when it is a pointing device, maybe medium range because it doesn't have to go beyond your screen to point

from wii.nintendo.com controller page"Using Bluetooth technology, the wireless Wii Remote controller sends your actions to the Wii console from as far as 30 feet away. As a pointing device, the controller can send a signal from as far as 15 feet away." bluetooth will send out in all directions, the pointer or Ir is line of sight, needs to be pointed at the sensor bar, it is straight line signal.

Back