delayed reaction to nes games (punch out)

bschoudel

WiiChat Member
Feb 24, 2008
I've downloaded a few nes games including punch out, super mario 2 etc...

I'm using the classic controller and wireless wii remote and I'm noticing the reaction time is much slower so I'm finding these games much, much more difficult.

For instance, I cannot get out of the way fast enough to dodge punches as I could with a real nintendo entertainment system.

Is there a delay in the wireless remote? Do I need a gamecube controller that plugs directly in? Do I need component video cables to my television (50 inch dlp)?

Thanks

It still works fine, but punch out requires immediate responses and it doesn't seem as fast as actually using a nes controller.

Anybody else perceive this?

My copy of punchout works fine, though others have come here with the same complaint about the game. Maybe redownloading it will help. I don't think a wired controller or component cables will make any difference.

Foosoo said:
If it's to do with your wii remote, it could be a problem with your sensor bar.
Actually if you arent using IR or motion control and just pressing buttons the wiimote directly sends the button inputs to the wii system.

i suggest just deleting the game and re downloading it. i experienced some crappyness with blades of steel, some of the audio is choppy.

conan,

I did a quick search but I guess I should have spent more time and replied to an existing thread.

I've found a bunch or your related posts but I have not stumbled upon a fix for punch out (if one exists??).

Is there one out there?

Thanks

bschoudel said:
conan,

I did a quick search but I guess I should have spent more time and replied to an existing thread.

I've found a bunch or your related posts but I have not stumbled upon a fix for punch out (if one exists??).

Is there one out there?

Thanks

nope, some people guess its either bc of the fact that im on LCD, or the SHITTY CABLES (I dont know what they are called, but people have had problems with the hd ones too). or both factors combined.

and by shitty cables, i just mean the ones that came with the wii, not the 50 $ ones.

After further investigation, this is most certainly an HDTV problem. I have a Samsung 50" DLP. I tried the wii on a 27" tube tv and punch out works like I remember it.

I did upgrade my cables to the component and switched the wii to 480p and it made a marked improvement in the timing. It's still not perfect however.

Back