Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

delayed reaction to nes games (punch out)

Discussion in 'Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare' started by bschoudel, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bschoudel

bschoudel WiiChat Member

I've downloaded a few nes games including punch out, super mario 2 etc...

I'm using the classic controller and wireless wii remote and I'm noticing the reaction time is much slower so I'm finding these games much, much more difficult.

For instance, I cannot get out of the way fast enough to dodge punches as I could with a real nintendo entertainment system.

Is there a delay in the wireless remote? Do I need a gamecube controller that plugs directly in? Do I need component video cables to my television (50 inch dlp)?

Thanks

2. Foosoo

Foosoo Banned

If it's to do with your wii remote, it could be a problem with your sensor bar.

3. bschoudel

bschoudel WiiChat Member

It still works fine, but punch out requires immediate responses and it doesn't seem as fast as actually using a nes controller.

Anybody else perceive this?

4. skidmarx

skidmarx semi-pro thumb jockey

Wii Friend Code: 5556-6677-7123-4567
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    My copy of punchout works fine, though others have come here with the same complaint about the game. Maybe redownloading it will help. I don't think a wired controller or component cables will make any difference.

5. samXcor3

samXcor3 the best kid!

Wii Friend Code: 3732-3369-2853-4491
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Actually if you arent using IR or motion control and just pressing buttons the wiimote directly sends the button inputs to the wii system.

i suggest just deleting the game and re downloading it. i experienced some crappyness with blades of steel, some of the audio is choppy.

6. Conan the Librarian

not to be a jerk, but search for about 100 threads like this. In the last 5 you will see me saying, yes there is a delay, and punchout requires exact timing.

7. bschoudel

bschoudel WiiChat Member

conan,

I did a quick search but I guess I should have spent more time and replied to an existing thread.

I've found a bunch or your related posts but I have not stumbled upon a fix for punch out (if one exists??).

Is there one out there?

Thanks

8. Conan the Librarian

nope, some people guess its either bc of the fact that im on LCD, or the SHITTY CABLES (I dont know what they are called, but people have had problems with the hd ones too). or both factors combined.

and by shitty cables, i just mean the ones that came with the wii, not the 50 $ ones.

9. bschoudel

bschoudel WiiChat Member

After further investigation, this is most certainly an HDTV problem. I have a Samsung 50" DLP. I tried the wii on a 27" tube tv and punch out works like I remember it.

I did upgrade my cables to the component and switched the wii to 480p and it made a marked improvement in the timing. It's still not perfect however.