Delayed until Feb. 10 on US

Well that and they don't galaxy to have competion for the holiday sales.

So they delayed so that more people had time to get a wii for the game, so galaxy wouldn't have competetion for holiday sales, to tweak the game, and fix any bugs that may have come up.

After all this reason for why they delayed brawl, it's starting to make sense and i'm less mad about it.

Agreed Torchik.

But try telling that to some of the other people on this thread. They freaked out when they heard about the delay.

i read on ign that when they played they could still make out a few bugs on the game so they were happy that they delayed the game. ime actually happy aswell. this game is going to be perfection. i wonder if its been in development longer than halo 3?

Transfixed
You all should know that this is NOT acceptable. If the game wasn't ready for release when they SAID it was, they shouldnt have a website solely dedicated to DAILY UPDATES! They hyped the hell out of this game, promised everything, then let us down......AGAIN! We have every right to be pissed. Nintendo needs to get it's head out of it's ass and realize what they are doing to their true fans. This WAS supposed to be a launch game, in 2006. I was so pissed I wrote a letter to Nintendo, and I will post it here, so you know how a true Nintendo fan feels about this slap in his face.

Nintendo,
I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE how utterly, completely, horribly, disgustingly DISAPPOINTED I am about your "delay" of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I know I am just one of many people upset over this, but you guys at Nintendo have GOT to come to grips with how much you are truly "disappointing" the Nintendo fans who have been waiting EXTREMELY patiently for this game to be released.
Let's look back at November 2006. SSBB was supposed to a LAUNCH TITLE. Remember that? Oh you don't? Yeah it got pushed back to 2007. Everyone was hoping for Spring. Then THAT didn't happen, so we ALL assumed "OK it's going to be sometime this Summer!" Well surprise, surprise, it was delayed STILL FURTHER and was finally announced to the whole world that it would be released at LONG LAST.....on December 3rd!???!?? Jeeeez what the heck kind of delay was THAT? But no, your loyal Nintendo fan base, who has had the utterly un-glamorous duty of DEFENDING you guys at every friggin' turn was grudgingly accepting. OK, December 3rd, I GUESS we can deal with that, what choice do we have? Atleast we'll have it by Christmas! We have had to deal with every Xbox and Playstation fanboy breathing down our necks with trash-talk about Nintendo, how greedy, selfish, and uncaring they are about their fans. We said "oh, no you just don't understand, etc..."
You even went so far as to have a Smash Bros website, so cocky and sure of itself that it updated EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! EVERY DAY!!! Is this sinking in at all??? Oh, WHOOOPS!!! Looks like you messed it up again, and disappointed your loyal fanbase YET AGAIN with another STUPID FRICKIN RELEASE DELAY. I am so thoroughly disgusted at my foolishness for standing by you guys, for sticking up for you guys, for having FAITH in you guys, and we get nothing but a bunch of insincere spit in our faces for being patient and believing that Nintendo would pull through for us.
Honestly, ME and EVERYONE THAT I KNOW don't give a flying CRAP if it's not "the best game it can possibly be" by Dec. 3rd. That's the excuse that EVERY developer uses when they have to delay, and you have had MORE THAN ENOUGH STUPID DELAYS, AND TIME TO PERFECT IT ALREADY!!!!
Every day we get videos! We get special moves! We get soundtracks! New levels! New characters! Actual gameplay video!! And for WHAT!?!?!?? For what?
I waited in a Wal-Mart parking lot, sleeping on the cold, rainy sidewalk all night long just to get a Wii on launch day......2006. Because I believed in you guys. And I can't help but feel that this is related to Reggie's annoucement last week that there weren't going to be enough Wii's for people to likely get ahold of one for the holiday season. Hmmm.....so this obviously fully developed game is getting delayed until......more people have a Wii? Is THAT IT?!?! To "maximize" game sales?!??!? You @$$h0les!!!! I swear I am losing my faith in you guys by the second!!!
THIS MAKES ME SICK! I am two seconds away from saying screw Smash bros! I will purposely NOT buy this game because all of the endless, torturous waiting has made me so bitter and upset that I JUST DONT CARE ANYMORE. And that's coming from someone who LOVES the series.
Oh, I know, you are selling so many Wii's that money is spilling out your ears, so you don't care what one person like me has to say, but I guarantee you, this is a fatal mistake and I STRONGLY urge you to reconsider and release it December 3rd. From 2006 to 2008 is a RIDICULOUS, UNNECESSARY delay.
Are you practically BEGGING people to go buy an Xbox 360?!?! Cause I WILL! You cater to juvenile 9-year-olds over and over and OVER with your games and everyone else BE DAMNED.
Well I am done defending you. I am done caring. You spit in your customer's patient faces, it will come back to bite you. That's a certainty.
I am so, SO ANGRY AT YOU RIGHT NOW!! And this isn't some 12 year old's disappointment anger, this is true, genuine HUMAN anger at the deep insulting way that you have disappointed me as a loyal Nintendo fan.
I hope you understand that. This is a sad and telling day for you, Nintendo. You should be ashamed.

Dude...It's just a video game.

With some of the responses there, you'd think that there was nothing coming out for the holidays...

Personally there was already too many things I wanted before xmas.

Transfixed said:
SSBB was supposed to a LAUNCH TITLE. Remember that? Oh you don't? Yeah it got pushed back to 2007.whole world that it would be released at LONG LAST.....on December 3rd!???!??But no, your loyal Nintendo fan base, who has had the utterly un-glamorous duty of DEFENDING you guys
You even went so far as to have a Smash Bros website, so cocky and sure of itself that it updated EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! and we get nothing but a bunch of insincere spit in our faces for being patient and believing that Nintendo would pull through for us.
Honestly, ME and EVERYONE THAT I KNOW You should be ashamed.
Okay the points that are bold i will explain to you trans fixed. read this please

Of course they remember the damn launch title. but how would you like a game with only what, 9 characters, no adventure mode, mabye about 2 stages, no stickers or tropheys? That was americas release date. not everyones, so quote whats correct. No one defended nintendo?! did all of us wii owners, grab a sword, stand outside of their building and fight ps3 lovers and xbox lovers? no, did we answer emails from the people bitching to nintendo? no. dont be a retard.
Hal Inc updated the site every day. not nintendo, like i said up there. dont be a retard.
Yes, if you were patient, you would have been the one NOT complaining.
Everyone you know = 0? because if you complain like this to one little delay. then obviously if you were to fail a test you would scream at the top of your lungs saying you studied.

But, how man of you complaining about the delay will get it?

Every one of you.

When you put it on the scale that you'll probably be playing this game for years... the delay really isn't so scary.

Nintendo really has nothing to fear if they put a delay on the game.
They could delay it for another entire year and people would still buy it.

If you don't want delays, convince millions of other people not to buy the game because they delayed it. Have yourself and your other million people write an e-mail to Nintendo saying that you will not buy the game because it has been delayed.

Until then, Nintendo has nothing to lose except a little bit of bad reputation. But when the game DOES come out, none of that will matter because you'll be overjoyed with Brawl, because this is going to be one whirl of a game.

Sure I'm slightly disappointed that I'll have to wait two more months...
But that disappointment will vanish the moment I tear into the game.

Trulen said:
But, how man of you complaining about the delay will get it?

Every one of you.

When you put it on the scale that you'll probably be playing this game for years... the delay really isn't so scary.

Nintendo really has nothing to fear if they put a delay on the game.
They could delay it for another entire year and people would still buy it.

If you don't want delays, convince millions of other people not to buy the game because they delayed it. Have yourself and your other million people write an e-mail to Nintendo saying that you will not buy the game because it has been delayed.

Until then, Nintendo has nothing to lose except a little bit of bad reputation. But when the game DOES come out, none of that will matter because you'll be overjoyed with Brawl, because this is going to be one whirl of a game.

Sure I'm slightly disappointed that I'll have to wait two more months...
But that disappointment will vanish the moment I tear into the game.

I completely agree with you. I'm as disappointed as the next person, but I'll still be overjoyed when I finally play. Nintendo won't lose anything on this release, if the game is as good as everyone is saying.

:/

You're the one that has the largest font man.
It's just a joke. But i really want that game.:crazy:

Back