Despicable Me Coming To Wii!

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Despicable Me, Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s first ever 3-D CGI feature film, starring Steve Carell as supervillain Gru, is also being made into a Wii game, which is scheduled to be released later this year to coincide with the movie. Currently in development at Monkey Bar Games, a division of Vicious Cycle Software, Despicable Me: The Game enables players of all ages to experience the thrill of being downright despicable, as they take on the role of Gru, one of the world’s greatest supervillains, and plan the biggest heist in history.

In the game, players plot to build a rocket ship and steal the moon, commanding an army of tireless, little yellow minions to complete puzzles and missions. Along the way, you’ll get to use an arsenal of despicable weapons and gadgets, such as magnet guns, freeze rays and battle-ready vehicles, against anyone who dares stand in your way. Players will also get to fly Gru’s aircraft in daring missions against his rival, Vector, and play as Gru or Vector in a variety of multiplayer air combat modes. Here’s Oliver Comte, vice president marketing, sales and publishing, Namco Bandai Partners, talking about the game:

“The Despicable Me video game features all of the favourite characters and locations from the film and will immerse players in the Despicable Me universe by allowing them to relive their favourite movie moments and play in original adventures not seen in the film.”

No screenshots have been released from the game yet, but these shots from the movie should give you a good idea what it’s all about. Looks like a lot of fun!

Oh goody.
Another CGI film game tie in

Don't see them every day.

Mainly due to me closing my eyes and running threw the Wii section

Back