Details Emerge About Wii Version Of Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Like most Wii owners, I was surprised and excited to hear that Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 was coming to Wii. I had been waiting for a wrestling game on Wii and was hoping for a new series or a third Day Of Reckoning Game (Day Of Reckoning 1 and 2 were found on Gamecube).

However when the game came out, the Wii version had many shortcomings and was kept free of things. There was limited match types, no online play and a very boring and lacking storymode.

This time around though the Wii version of Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 sounds like its shaping up to be a lot better than the one before. Promised is more match types and weapons, online play and motion controlled entrances. Online play and more match types are great, but the idea of motion controlled entrances is intriguing. If you get the crowd hyped up enough and into your entrance you will get a little bit of a boost in the ring (not sure what will come in the form of a boost, maybe increased Stamina for a bit or something, but it sounds like its optional).

Heres hoping for a good game overall, and a strong Storymode.

Source

didnt get last 1 because it was limited but love wrestling games.

had 6 mates on the ps2 a while back was mentl :)

online hopefully is good, this maybe a xmass title :)

lmao after the 2008 version they should retire with the wii versions.Stick to the other consoles for this, much better.

The 2008 edition on Wii was just testing the waters. I think they figured out the strengths ,and 2009 will be a much better title. Once 09 is released i'm trading in 08 for it. I got 08 as part of my xmas gifts from my wife.

Back