Device For Multiple Component Hook Up

dds

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Hey everyone, I just have a quick question. Im looking to hook up my old systems to my new t.v as well as be able to connect my 360 (in the near future) via component cables. However, i only have a limited amount of jacks on the back panel of my t.v. and most of them are utilized via the other devices in my entertainment set up. What I am looking for is a device that will provide me with more jacks to allow hooking up of other devices.

Does anyone out there know what this thing is called, what is a good one to get, and where can i find one??

does anyone out there know of what im talking about??

You have two options. One is to get a nice receiver that has multiple inputs and then run the video outputs to the TV and let the receiver handle the audio. The other is to buy a component switch which you would then run the video and audio to the TV (or audio to a receiver if you're currently using one that doesn't take component video in). You are talking at least $100 for a decent component switch. I've read on the avsfurm that this one is pretty good but it doesn't switch audio. There was also another one that also switched audio. I can't find the link to it at the moment. I've got it booked on my laptop but I'm too lazy to turn it on tonight :). I've been looking into this for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger on anything.

Last edited:
see i have an amazing receiver (Yamaha HTR- im not 100% sure on the numbers that follow but i know its 5 something) and all the inputs on my TV are used up (wii component cables taking up the last jacks) is it possible to run video and audio through a receiver...and if so how can it be done?

i have tried to hook up my gamecube to the receiver but it didn't work...what i did was run the composite cables into the back and no dice...any help

Last edited:
Back