Devil May Cry 4 for Wii, not happening

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
Whenever a PS3 or Xbox 360 game comes out, Wii owners say it would be great if Nintendo's console got a port. And for some games, it really would! For others, it wouldn't be so great. Devil May Cry 4 is one of those games, says the title's producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi. According to him:

Hiroyuki Kobayashi said:
You know, a lot of people ask us if we are going to bring out a Wii version. I simply don't think you can make the game the type of game it is, with the awesome graphics and control -- I don't think that would work on the Wii. So, I don't think we're going to bring one out, no.

Put away those petitions. This is a big, fat "no"

So you need PS3 or 360 to play it

Well I wasn't one to sign the petition, nor do I sign any petitions really.
I wouldn't especially in this case as it was pretty clear a game like this would not come out for Wii.

Monsteroids said:
Like the way its meant to be. Another RE spinoff wouldn't be bad from Capcom, or a Megaman game.

QFT. :yesnod:

With the great details that game will have, too much would have to be sacrificed for a wii version. I'm glad the producer realized this. Besides, I wouldn't want a port. I'd rather another game, or atleast a different version, not some pathetic port with sacrificed graphics.

I am getting a PS3 I am sick to miss games or to have crippled versions of the games for the Wii

Yeah, some games belong on the suped-up 360 or PS3 and let Nintendo keep doing what it likes to do-First Party platformers preferred and some Third Party stuff. DMC4 wouldn't be a good fit for the Wii.

Apocalypse said:
QFT. :yesnod:

With the great details that game will have, too much would have to be sacrificed for a wii version. I'm glad the producer realized this. Besides, I wouldn't want a port. I'd rather another game, or atleast a different version, not some pathetic port with sacrificed graphics.

And that seems to be the way its headed, they know for the most part these Eye Candy games won't work on the Wii, so if they are gonna "downgrade it and port it" then they might as well change it or add to it like in the upcomming Star Wars, sure its not as pretty as the 360/PS3 versions but it gets 5 extra exclusive levels, and you play with motion controls so its still gonna be a unique experience.

The bigger problem I personally see is that when they port these games they do a cheep job of it! If they were to take some time and really dive into the motion controlls, instead of just a quick pointer and shake ability that we seem to alwasy get. Then they would be alot better off popularity and sales wise. They complain about the Wii games not selling yet put no effort into making them work well on the Wii.

Even "CRAP" games will get a higher rating on the Wii than other systems if they use the motion controls. Is the game any better? No its just more fun with motion controls thats all. Add that to a top title and in the end you will get about the same ratings for the Wii version of games, as to there Eye Candy counter parts.

So are they willing to put in the extra work and pretty much go through and re-design the whole game for the wii? Maybe not after a games already been made. I'm sure in the future even now, alot will have there own "Wii" department doing this as they make the game for the other consoles aswell.

Last edited:
wezeles said:
And that seems to be the way its headed, they know for the most part these Eye Candy games won't work on the Wii, so if they are gonna "downgrade it and port it" then they might as well change it or add to it like in the upcomming Star Wars, sure its not as pretty as the 360/PS3 versions but it gets 5 extra exclusive levels, and you play with motion controls so its still gonna be a unique experience.

The bigger problem I personally see is that when they port these games they do a cheep job of it! If they were to take some time and really dive into the motion controlls, instead of just a quick pointer and shake ability that we seem to alwasy get. Then they would be alot better off popularity and sales wise. They complain about the Wii games not selling yet put no effort into making them work well on the Wii.

Even "CRAP" games will get a higher rating on the Wii than other systems if they use the motion controls. Is the game any better? No its just more fun with motion controls thats all. Add that to a top title and in the end you will get about the same ratings for the Wii version of games, as to there Eye Candy counter parts.

So are they willing to put in the extra work and pretty much go through and re-design the whole game for the wii? Maybe not after a games already been made. I'm sure in the future even now, alot will have there own "Wii" department doing this as they make the game for the other consoles aswell.

Exactly, Star Wars Force Unleashed is one of the few examples it seems of a port doing good by adding Wii exclusive stuff to it. If only more developers were to do this for other ports in the future, it would be a lot better.

DMC4 even as a port would not fit well on Wii.

CantGetAWii said:
Exactly, Star Wars Force Unleashed is one of the few examples it seems of a port doing good by adding Wii exclusive stuff to it. If only more developers were to do this for other ports in the future, it would be a lot better.

DMC4 even as a port would not fit well on Wii.

Exactly it would be a cheep knock off at this time.

Now if they were to work on it from the start with a Wii version it would be a different story, but honeslty for an eye candy game they shouldn't tarnish it by simply porting it to the Wii!
Investing money in it after the fact probably isn't a good business idea, most people will have it if they want it that bad including buying another console. For the few that arnt willing to buy another console for a single title it wont make up for the investment in the end. As we have seen with other simply ported titles.

3rd party needs to really get ahold of this Wii idea, they are gonna miss out on all the cash they can make if they don't start treating it like a completely new system instead of just a "last gen graphics system". Sure the graphics arn't as good as the other 2, but thats not what its for and it doen't need the graphics based on sales.

if you think about it, there really isn't all that much to complain about.

just think how ps3 and 360 owners must feel about brawl! :lol:

Well value is making the source engine for the Wii and square just renamed the white engine which is used for FF13.etc to the crystal engine and it now works on the WII! So who cares... Devil may cry is just ok any way...

Like wezeles said one from the ground up even with a different character would be great.

Back