Devil May Cry - Religous implications

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
Now, some of you may think this is rubbish, but here me out, is it just me seeing the religous links in devil may cry's anime?

Dante was the son of a demon, which of cause is religous but not to a realism extent.

Dante's father turned against the demons to protect the humans, this followed in his son (His other son was in fact for the demon cause but Virigil is not in the anime).

protecting humans against demons, risking his life to protect those of others and would of gave it to protect others (Religion appearing much?).

On the final episode of the anime you see dante, on a cross, crucified pretty much (Jesus?), with a sword stabbed in his chest (what a surprise). A women came to mourn and sheed tears on Dante (Ahmmm). The girl was taken away (Ahmmm). Once the girl is in trouble, guess who is resurrected? Yeah, he came back to save the lives of others.

Am I the only one seeing this?

dante got crucified by saving the humans and resurrected, those are my main points.

I can definitely see where you are coming from. But yeah, there are many hidden religious references within many different anime series.

I understand from what you posted, and it does seem like some kind of religious placement. The thing is that it's not the greatest anime to place it in xD

By God!!! You're RIGHT!!!! JESUS IS INDEED DANTE!!!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!! :lol: by the way Cpt. I'm not making fun of you're theory, because i agree with you on it...it's just kinda funny..Dante being Jesus...Ironic in a way..Dante is a Sweet trash talking demon slayer that takes no **** from anyone..

Demon Slayer said:
By God!!! You're RIGHT!!!! JESUS IS INDEED DANTE!!!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!! :lol: by the way Cpt. I'm not making fun of you're theory, because i agree with you on it...it's just kinda funny..Dante being Jesus...Ironic in a way..Dante is a Sweet trash talking demon slayer that takes no **** from anyone..

Your right.

A modern Jesus.

You will see him as a loner but to tell you the truth in the anime, he misses Patty in the end.

lol do you know whats wrong with me..I haven't finished the Anime yet xDD i can't get around to watch more Episodes..i suck xD

Demon Slayer said:

LOL!
Anyways, most anime really do have religious references. Also, almost every boss in DMC 3 is a derivation or is the name of a real demon. In addition to that, Nero from DMC4 is also a demon's name. DMC 3 also parallels a play that was written a while back. Check wiki or something, I cant remember the name. Also Yu-Gi-Oh does the same thing with references all throughout the entire saga alluding to the Book of Revalation. (If you are agnostic or atheist and are offended that I mentioned the Bible...blah blah then STOP READING!) Anyways, here are some parallels that I picked up:
>The Paradius company represents the formation of the New World Order, singular government and corporate entity that will supposedly control all commerce.
>Darts, the leader of Paradius, is an "anti-christ". In the anime it shows that he existed for centuries and deceived nations throughout history in preparation for the "last days"
>The Leviathan that took the duelist's souls may be the great beast that was also mentioned. It characteristically took the soul of everyone who had the "mark of the beast", which leads me to...
>The Seal of Oricalcos, which represents the "mark of the beast". In the show, the mark is supposed to give duelists a tremendous advantage in dueling. The motb, supposedly allows for commerce and special privelidges for it's bearers in "one world government". Also, if you take the corners of the seal of the seal of oricalcos and connect it continuously in a different order, you will get a pentogram, which is supposedly a symbol of the underworld and the occult.
>Zorc Necrophades may allude to the being that will bring the world to ruin.

>I'm still unsure of Evil Bakura's, Yami Yugi's, and Seto Kaiba's roles and that of each of the Millenium items. "Yami Yugi" is supposed to mean "Evil King" so that negates the theory that Yugi represents an angel from heaven. The actual backstory behind Seto Kaiba and Yugi's true past is too deep to get into and involves understandng of Egyptian history.

>One thing to note is that each of the Millenium items has the the "Eye of Horus" insignia on them. This is also connected to the all seeing eye on the US dollar bill, which some people claim is connected to the New World Order in Revalations. The US currency's connection to the NWO is purely speculation, don't quote me on that.

Maybe I overanalyzed the show, and this may all be speculation and coincidence, but the parallels are THERE. Don't think that I'm gungho on Yugioh. I actually hate the card game and parts of the show. The similarities are what had me watching EVERY the episode, (pun) religiously.

Master Foot said:
LOL!
Anyways, most anime really do have religious references. Also, almost every boss in DMC 3 is a derivation or is the name of a real demon. In addition to that, Nero from DMC4 is also a demon's name. DMC 3 also parallels a play that was written a while back. Check wiki or something, I cant remember the name. Also Yu-Gi-Oh does the same thing with references all throughout the entire saga alluding to the Book of Revalation. (If you are agnostic or atheist and are offended that I mentioned the Bible...blah blah then STOP READING!) Anyways, here are some parallels that I picked up:
>The Paradius company represents the formation of the New World Order, singular government and corporate entity that will supposedly control all commerce.
>Darts, the leader of Paradius, is an "anti-christ". In the anime it shows that he existed for centuries and deceived nations throughout history in preparation for the "last days"
>The Leviathan that took the duelist's souls may be the great beast that was also mentioned. It characteristically took the soul of everyone who had the "mark of the beast", which leads me to...
>The Seal of Oricalcos, which represents the "mark of the beast". In the show, the mark is supposed to give duelists a tremendous advantage in dueling. The motb, supposedly allows for commerce and special privelidges for it's bearers in "one world government". Also, if you take the corners of the seal of the seal of oricalcos and connect it continuously in a different order, you will get a pentogram, which is supposedly a symbol of the underworld and the occult.
>Zorc Necrophades may allude to the being that will bring the world to ruin.

>I'm still unsure of Evil Bakura's, Yami Yugi's, and Seto Kaiba's roles and that of each of the Millenium items. "Yami Yugi" is supposed to mean "Evil King" so that negates the theory that Yugi represents an angel from heaven. The actual backstory behind Seto Kaiba and Yugi's true past is too deep to get into and involves understandng of Egyptian history.

>One thing to note is that each of the Millenium items has the the "Eye of Horus" insignia on them. This is also connected to the all seeing eye on the US dollar bill, which some people claim is connected to the New World Order in Revalations. The US currency's connection to the NWO is purely speculation, don't quote me on that.

Maybe I overanalyzed the show, and this may all be speculation and coincidence, but the parallels are THERE. Don't think that I'm gungho on Yugioh. I actually hate the card game and parts of the show. The similarities are what had me watching EVERY the episode, (pun) religiously.

Yeah, you are right, I just didnt want to go that far, I was only talking about these references in the anime.

if I want to go further i would explain where the names of dante and vergil came from and the origins of those myths.

Back