Dewy's Adventure (Working Title) Images and Info

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Konami have announced a new Wii title for 2007. Codenamed Dewy's Adventure, the game has been designed by the same producer behind the eagerly-awaited Eledees.

Players must usethe Wii-Remote to control the elements and tilt the ground of the game world as players help a small droplet of water save its home from a mysterious dark force. The game is set on a world where pure water and green forests have flourished, and which once enjoyed centuries of peace and prosperity under the careful watch of the Elder Tree.

However, the evil Don Hedron has seized control of the Elder Tree and transformed the world into a gloomy world smothered by Black Water. Using the last of its remaining power, the Elder Tree has created a small droplet of water (the titular Dewy) and granted it the power of the elements with the hope that it could eradicate the Black Water and restore peace to the world.

Using the Wii-Remote, Dewy’s Adventure offers players total control over the game world and the elements as they take control of the droplet of water and seek to overcome the evil Black Water. Players tilt the Wii-Remote to move and create inclines on the ground, moving Dewy to precisely the right spot while rotating the environment to solve puzzles. Normally seen as a small ball of water, the droplet can also alter the temperature of its immediate area to transform into ice and steam. These transformations are useful in freezing or heating different parts of the world to solve puzzles and to defeat the game’s many enemies.

Players unfold along the story by using the droplet’s three forms and its landscape tilting abilities. Its forms are effected using motion-specific gestures via the Wii-Remote, such as shaking it to cause an earthquake, waving it to create a windstorm, or becoming a rain cloud to summon bolts of lightning. In addition to a story mode, Dewy’s Adventure also features an edit mode wherein users can create play areas for friends to enjoy and swap with others.

Here's some more storyline and game info from the press release. Scroll down the page to view the 12 image screenshots.

Attachments

• screenshot01_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot01_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 169
  • screenshot02_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot02_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 171
  • screenshot03_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot03_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 161
  • screenshot04_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot04_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 161
  • screenshot05_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot05_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 171
  • screenshot07_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot07_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 158
  • screenshot10_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot10_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 163
  • screenshot11_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot11_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 151
  • screenshot12_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot12_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 162
  • screenshot13_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    screenshot13_png_jpgcopy.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 165
i think it looks quite cool even tho i havent played elebits or eledees here its meant to be good so i imagine this will be good too even if its got a younger look

stu said:
i think it looks quite cool even tho i havent played elebits or eledees here its meant to be good so i imagine this will be good too even if its got a younger look

exactly what he said'd

Looks awesome like Kirby Canvas was for the DS, I can imagine it being very underrated due to its youthful style.

Thanks for the Trailer that actually gave a better idea for the game then the pictures. Well although the graphics do come across a little kiddish, I must say that they do look crisp and smooth. The game play looks like it is smooth as well. The game has a certain sense of originality to it which is missing in a lot of games. I might have to give this one a whirl.

No problem cavan, although the colours might make people think its a kiddish game , i highly recommend people to keep an eye on this game, Konami really seem to know what there doing, there first game was Elebits and that was near perfect so i think they will make this a must have title.

Back