Dictation

Almo

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
8407-4245-3370-0256
I am currently using Microsoft office voice recognition to the post on these forums. I simply speak into my microphone and it types as I speak . Does anybody else use this feature ?

Microsoft Office?

I'd like to try that. It'd be neat.

But I got a southern accent :lol: Not entirely sure if it'd pick my voice up!

lol, i do. xDDD!!! but its hard..

and the whole Windows Vista thing bugs me. anyway, i only use it for fun lol

'hello, im stephanie period' or.. when you wanna type in the URL its like..

'go to address' or something. right? o_O

i downloaded it and it totally messed up my AIM buddylist. so i stopped using it. lol

Trulen said:
Microsoft Office?

I'd like to try that. It'd be neat.

But I got a southern accent :lol: Not entirely sure if it'd pick my voice up!
You set it up and go through a bunch of training sessions so you can train it to your voice. Its not 100% accurate lol and gets quite alot wrong so you just have to go through and edit. Good fun though.

Edit: @ steph, im using it on XP and only on dictation mode so it only types text, But yes you can set it to command mose so you just have to say ' File new' or 'File open' or whatever

yeah, it really is. but when you mess up you say 'delete that' and when it didnt hear you correctly it says something else like 'delete cat' so you gotta say 'delete delete cat' lol xD

My microphone is built into my laptop so I don't have that problem holiday higher quality microphone would be better so that I don't get words like holiday instead of tally of a however :lol:

paintba||er said:
Ya, I'll probably get a MacBook Pro soon that has a a microphone built in. That and I need to get a headset for my PS3 so I can use that for my computer too.
oh how i wish id got a Macbook!, as good as my Presario V6000 is it just annoys me sometimes, and im getting a bit sick of windows and all its security crap lol

I prefer the voice recognition built in to my Vista. Suppose to be one of the best home voice recognition software programs available.

Back