Did the wii live up to your expectations?

As of right now, no it hasn't, it won't either until we get some more of the classic nintendo characters out like Mario and DK.

i like the controls for COD alot and red steel isint too bad
but i have connections so i get just about every teen oriented release for free and so far im not amazed and what i really need is good MULTIPLAYER capabilities, wheres the online play although i love my wii im looking into investing into an xbox with a great game line up and fantastic multiplayer options

I also liked the fact that wii sports came free with the wii that was just the iceing on the cake.

nintendo has always been good for that.. there system never came empty... all of them eaither came with a game and one controller, or a two controller system.. why not give you a game with your new fancy system... even if its just beta.. somepeople strech there wallets just to get the system let alone games to go with it when these things come out.. and games being 40-60 bucks each makes it kinda hard to build a collection at first.. i wish more systems came with a few goodies in the box...

i dont know which one you bought.. ive never seen one without something besides used... mine was the two controller one.. the only other one offered was one controller and lugis mansion/mariosunshine included..

although the new 99 dollar GC might not come with anything.. then again it is the cheepest new system on the market so you really cant complain

Hmm... tough question so early in...

but so far, to be honest, no it has not. But I'm almost positive that will change this year. With amazing 1st party support coming (soon hopefully) and growing 3rd party support, Wii should have some great games. Also, online multiplayer needs to come soon and I'm sure it will. I was expecting online by now... and while you can send levels online in Elebits... that isn't enough really.

It's all up to Nintendo now. I'm expecting really good channels to come out. If they open a demo channel and a channel like the VC channel, but for NEW games you can buy straight through the console... that will be amazing.

I'm expecting it.

I brought the wii for games. Now that I've finished Zelda, Rayman, Red Steel and Elebits, I'm waiting for more. The console lived up to the hype I would say in my opinion.

For the moment, my Wii is a temporary cable television, uncensored, a little bit grainy and a lot more versatile (I'm talking about the internet btw). Man, I can't wait until the final version of the Wii Browser is released.

Not really.. It's just sorta meh with me right now.. I can't play it anyways since my mom took away my remote (bad grades).

duberryboy1 said:
Can some one tell me what is wrong with Red Steel Controls???

Nothing, i loved them, it took me about 30 minutes to get used to but after that i didnt want to go back to normal controllers. People just complain because its different, but new things take time to get use to.

i enjoyed my wii alot when i first got it but there was something missing, i had no idea what it was. but i eased into it now im ejoying it all the time and there is nothing missing my cousins from toronto just bought me excite truck cant get enough of that game and the thing with the red steel controls was that my courser kept going of screen making it hard to control because my character kept spinning in a circle :mad: that was my porblem with red steel but i got the hang of it.
P.S. was this the problem everyone was having?

X-Knee said:
I for one am glad that someone had the nads to try something new and exciting. Who cares if the graphics aren't realistic? If realism is important to you I suggest you stick with the xbox...

Interesting point raised here. It seems that when it comes to realism, the main focus has been on visuals. Sure, fancy graphics look nice. 5.1 surround is pretty cool too. In my opinion though, realism comes from how you play the game. So in that sense, the only realistic games for me are the driving games (with steering wheel), shooting games (with light gun) and flight sims (with fancy joystick).

I agree with X-Knee. I'm happy Nintendo opted for a different approach. I think the Wii has more potential for realism (as I define it) than any other console out there. Just take a look at Wii Sports. You play the games as you would the actual sports. Or at least close enough.

How I see it, there are 2 questions being answered in this thread. The first one is: "Did the Wii live up to your expectations?" To me, the answer is a resounding YES!

The second question is: "Do the currently available Wii games live up to your expectations?" To this, I will concede that there is a lot more room for debate.

I agree with you Aylwin about the realism, you make a good point and i'm pretty sure everyone agrees with that, for example

Would you rather play wii sports with amazing graphics with a controller or with Ok graphics and the wii mote (and nunchuck for boxing)? I'd rather play with the wii mote for sure.

With the wii mote and nunchuck you feel like you're actually in the game. And another thing is the exercise you can't go wrong with a bit more in your life can you?

The wii mote has opened alot of new games for some people for example I would of never thought to buy a tennis game or a boxing game but I can't wait for fight club and a tennis game to come out on the wii!

And about the gamecube I bought mine about a year after lanch and got nothing with it D:

Back