Did they ruin Paper Mario?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/9853

Ok so once again Nintendo has too try new stuff on a series that was doing great with out being changed (like Star Fox) Super Paper Mario is a freaking 3D Plat former and dont get me wrong I like Mario 2d games but THIS IS PAPER MARIO A RPG GAME. I hope the game is good but we could see this series die because Nintendo has to change the whole game play for a game series because they cant just make a new series and use this game play. Maybe Im old fashion and like all the games in one series to use the same game play.

I have no idea what you're crying about, it's a friggin seemingly oldschool platforming Mario game....we need more of those. After all Mario started out as a platformer, all they're doing is applying a cool artstyle to a new genre.

It would make more sense to complain about Paper Mario being an RPG rather than a platforming games, when the platforming games were so awesome. Although that would be stupid as well.

It looks good and IMO we need more 2D platforming Mario games after the dissappointing New Super Mario Bros., no need to complain.

^Mario RPG one of the best Mario games ever and it was a RPG game not Platforming game, and I would be fine with this if they were going to make another Mario RPG in the next year but thats not going to happen so yeah it sucks Super Mario Brothers was the best Mario game in a while infact it was the best Mario game since Mario 64 so I dont see how it was a disappointment

Paper Mario was its OWN game it was a RPG we already have a mario game coming out this year so I see no need for Paper Mario to turn into a old school Mario game, if they wanted to do that then make a new series.

It looks beautiful to me. I understand your worried that since it doesnt have a true RPG feel that it won't be any good but I really think its going to be an awesome game. I just got Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and I'm looking forward to playing that this weekend. Does anyone know if Mario will be able to become an airplane again and what the controller scheme will be for this game? Nunchuk and Wiimote or are they planning on making it a sideways Wiimote only type of game like Excite Truck?

It might be a little to early to say they ruined it but im deffinately with you on them changing it from a flat out rpg. The first two were solid and ill prolly get this one after i see some reviews. But i do wish the rpg feel was still there..

8 simple words: If you don't like it, don't buy it. There'll be plenty more mario games in the future, I'm sure you'll get something you like out of one of them.

I loved Mario RPG.

I do think Nintendo should have kept Paper Mario as an rpg, instead of making a platformer. But as long as super paper mario maintains some of the humor of previous paper mario games and some of the 2d platforming goodness from the snes days, then it will not fail. Nintendo wanted to go back to it's 2d platforming days, and what better way to do it than with a 2d character.

JerrodDRagon said:
^Mario RPG one of the best Mario games ever and it was a RPG game not Platforming game, and I would be fine with this if they were going to make another Mario RPG in the next year but thats not going to happen so yeah it sucks Super Mario Brothers was the best Mario game in a while infact it was the best Mario game since Mario 64 so I dont see how it was a disappointment

Paper Mario was its OWN game it was a RPG we already have a mario game coming out this year so I see no need for Paper Mario to turn into a old school Mario game, if they wanted to do that then make a new series.

You can't possibly say Mario RPG is better than Super Mario Bros. 1-3 and World though. You just can't.

New Super Mario Bros., that's its name BTW, was regarded by many hardcore gamer, me, and professional reviewers as weak compared to World. It just was way too unchallenging, uncreative, and too much of a rehash of older ideas to be great. However it was never intended for the hardcore, it was made simply to lure in the mainstreamers who played original Mario when gaming was cool in the 80's. Paper Mario Thousand Door is better IMO.

I just don't see why Paper Mario games have to be RPG. I like that Nintendo chooses to bring the charm of its games to different genres.

Many people complained about Paper Mario being an RPG, so you're just doing the oppposite.

Last edited:
i think super paper mario will be great! En4Neo was right, its just a simple 2d mario platformer, sure this one has new gameplay features, but he was right, we need more of those!!!

En4Neo said:
You can't possibly say Mario RPG is better than Super Mario Bros. 1-3 and World though. You just can't.

I do and will continue to say that Mario RPG is better than Super Mario Bros. 1-3. Square and Nintendo...how could it get any better?! It was a mario and rpg fan's wet dream. I would even give up Mario Galaxy to have Square and Ninty give Mario rpg a proper sequel....imaging something like Kingdom Hearts minus Disney plus Mario, with all the Nintendo universes.... :yesnod:

Rahnter said:
I do and will continue to say that Mario RPG is better than Super Mario Bros. 1-3. Square and Nintendo...how could it get any better?! It was a mario and rpg fan's wet dream. I would even give up Mario Galaxy to have Square and Ninty give Mario rpg a proper sequel....imaging something like Kingdom Hearts minus Disney plus Mario, with all the Nintendo universes.... :yesnod:

Square and Nintendo did make a great game when they made Mario RPG, but it's crazy talk to say it was better than Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario World platformers.

As good as Square is, Nintendo is better so if you do the math 1 Nintendo beats out 1/2 Nintendo 1/2 Square. (Just going by your system here)

Sure you may like a game better based on tastes, but it does not make a game better. For example I love Um Jammer Lammy, but I realise there are better games.

En4Neo said:
Square and Nintendo did make a great game when they made Mario RPG, but it's crazy talk to say it was better than Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario World platformers.

As good as Square is, Nintendo is better so if you do the math 1 Nintendo beats out 1/2 Nintendo 1/2 Square. (Just going by your system here)

Sure you may like a game better based on tastes, but it does not make a game better. For example I love Um Jammer Lammy, but I realise there are better games.
I can seeing how its on the top of most people's most wanted VC game. Infact I know 2 people that are waiting to get the Wii just for that game. It was a great game and still is, Super Mario World 1-3 are great games but I rather play Mario RPG. Look at Mario and LuigiSuperstar Saga.

En4Neo said:

I can seeing how its on the top of most people's most wanted VC game. Infact I know 2 people that are waiting to get the Wii just for that game. It was a great game and still is, Super Mario World 1-3 are great games but I rather play Mario RPG. Look at Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga/Partners in Time both RPG's both better than Sunshine.

And like I said IF they were going to make another Paper Mario Game in a year that was a RPG I would be fine but there not, so once again Nintendo kills a good game and makes it into something else (just like Star Fox) and I hope the game is fun (Hell I've been waiting for this game since the last game) but I still will miss the RPG game I was waiting for.

ok
1. added 3d feature

2. kept the 2d style added more charcters

3.updated graphics

4.hidden puzzles through and through 2d and 3d

5.they say it will last 40 hours (go to ign to laz to get url)

6.pixels (again ign)

7. added a way better battaling feature then that annoying one on game cube

personally i dont see why your complaining.so they added more feature but they didn't take out any feature exept the battaling position

Back