Did we ever find out what nintendo had up there sleeve?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I remebera few weeks ago that nintendo said they had something up there sleeve for the wii, did we get find out what it was yet?

yeah, that some of the online features aren't going to work...

so that was there Good surrpise? I know the forecast/ news channel wont work yet until december...

WHy are there other channels that arent going to work?

was that really the surprise?

one hope I have is that the system comes with 2000-5000 Wii points on it..that would be kiler

Joystiq has posted something about a week or two ago(I've lost track of time because I was only partially frozen for a few weeks) that there really wasn't anything new and it was all just a rumor.

yeah yeah yeah...we can still hope can we not?

I thought that if there was a 'surprise' it was going to be released on the 19th (tomorrow). i.e. When you actually get round to opening the box! At least we europeans and australasians will have a good warning. I like the wii points idea, though i think itll be something to do with connecting the wii to DS, which we have heard hardly anything about. Perhaps a free demo of some games? perhaps they could give a 'phantom hourglass' demo free with twilight princess etc?

Maybe its a demo disc of a bunch of Wii games like metroid prime 3, Mario galaxy, etc. Like an E3 or Nintendo world compilation, after all they did say they had no more surprises before launch, this would be at launch. I do know if you register your Wii you get your warranty extended for free, that was even included in the press kits but I believe Nintendo does that with all their hardware.

I think there still is a bit of mystery with this 'start up disc'? Most people have agreed that it is either wii sports or some sort of disc to set up your functionality, preferances etc. Though perhaps the disc has something else on it?

ghghgh14702 said:
Maybe its a demo disc of a bunch of Wii games like metroid prime 3, Mario galaxy, etc. Like an E3 or Nintendo world compilation, after all they did say they had no more surprises before launch, this would be at launch. I do know if you register your Wii you get your warranty extended for free, that was even included in the press kits but I believe Nintendo does that with all their hardware.

I've actually opened a Wii box up and I didn't see anything like that. All I saw was the Wiimote(with strap and batteries) and Nunchuck, the sensor bar, the Wii console, a stand, a couple of cords, Wii Sports, and the console itself.

Back