Diddy Kong Racing DS

phimuajedi69

WiiChat Member
May 9, 2006
NC/SC, US
Developer debuts on Nintendo's handheld with a follow-up to its 1997 Nintendo 64 kart racer Diddy Kong Racing.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted May 11, 2006 10:03 am PT

When Microsoft purchased longtime Nintendo partner Rare, it ensured the developer would not be making games for its rivals' home consoles. However, Microsoft's acquisition has continued to support Nintendo's Game Boy Advance with offerings such as It's Mr. Pants!, Donkey Kong Country 3, and Sabre Wulf. Now, Rare is expanding its support to the Nintendo DS.

The company is working on a DS follow-up to its 1997 kart-racing game Diddy Kong Racing, which its Web site said is "based on the N64 classic but improved and expanded in ways that only the DS allows."

Details are scarce, but the developer said it will use the system's touch screen and microphone and have support for eight-player match-ups from a single copy of the game, as well as Wi-Fi support. As far as gameplay goes, Diddy Kong Racing will feature new modes, weapons, challenges, and playable characters, revamped tracks from the original game, and "TT's Wish Races, where you can create your very own tracks."

If its as good as mario kart i'm sold for the building your own tracks feature

Oh wow, I had Diddy Kong racing for N64, it was one of favorite games for that system. I never unlocked TT though, grr.

I actually prefered this over Mario Kart since you can control the plane or hover thing too. ^_^

I haven't played any of the other racing games the nintendo brought out. Only Mario Kart. If Diddy Kong racing plays like or even better the Mario Kart I may have to check it out.

DtD said:
Great N64 game, gonna be a great DS game

The DS Lite will help with the games playability. I'm hoping for hours of fun action. Did any one say WiFi.

Oh man, I loved Diddy Kong Racing for N64, this surely won't disappoint me. Hehe cool... developing by Rare.

Can't wait!

I think that it is going to be a pretty good game like you said if it is as good as mario cart I am sold too.

That does sound like a really fun game I can not wait to see what it is really like.

Back