Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Diddy Kong

Discussion in 'Smash Brothers' started by CARLS CAR, Mar 28, 2008.

1. CARLS CAR

CARLS CAR WiiChat Member

My favorite by far. Quick and moderately powered makes for a strong little ape.

Check this out if you use Diddy this is an "advanced" technique for you to try out.

1-Grab a bananna.
    2-Hold shield and hit right or left to roll.
    3-Right when you start to roll and you see your shield disappear, throw your bananna.

If done right, the throw action will cancel your shield roll and you will slide while throwing your bananna. It's called the glide toss. If you can do it fast enough it will look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6oaCF5y9UQ. As seen here you can do a reverse glide toss as well!

Happy Brawling!

• Like Like x 1
  2. PrinceLink

PrinceLink Solid Snake, Olimar

I wonder if i can do the same thing with snakes grenades nice find though , You have a awesome diddy kong too its realy hard to beat

3. spiff-ssbb

spiff-ssbb WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8140-2366-3149-0356
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    ^glide toss can be done with any character item. most useful for peach, link, toon link

4. CARLS CAR

CARLS CAR WiiChat Member

spiff,

it's either really hard or not possible to do with yoshi. i've tried and tried and it doesn't want to work.

5. spiff-ssbb

spiff-ssbb WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8140-2366-3149-0356
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    mmm. i'll give it some testing time this weekend. it MIGHT be because he has an egg for a shield so his reacts differently.
    if oyu didn't know as a shield gets weaker it gets smaller and exposes parts of your character allowing some moves to penetrate. Yoshi's doesnt get smaller so this cannot happen. but as a shield nerf to him though you cannot jump out of his shield and it last less time. they may have also made it harder or impossible to glide toss with him. I'll do my best to find out for you