Difference between HDTV and HDTV ready

2Wiitarded

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
Wii Online Code
7725-7615-5006-8472
I bought a HDTV ready tv and was wondering if this would be compatible with nintendo wii with component cables? thanks

HD ready just means it doesnt have an HD tuner built in (in other words it cant recieve HD signals over the air unless you buy an HD anntenna). any HDTV has componant. if it doesnt, its not an HDTV. ive got a samsung 56" 1080p HD ready TV. just because it says its HD ready doesnt mean its not HD

So i really dont need to buy a hdtv tuner to play high def games? Like 480p on the wii.

Honestly... Who really uses the tuner on their TV anyway? SHouldn't you have like a digital cable box or satelite... For me, my TV is just a monitor.

2Wiitarded said:
So i really dont need to buy a hdtv tuner to play high def games? Like 480p on the wii.
thats correct.

SukhKular said:
Honestly... Who really uses the tuner on their TV anyway? SHouldn't you have like a digital cable box or satelite... For me, my TV is just a monitor.
yea we got digital cable but for the first week i had my HDTV i was kinda bumed about not having the tunner but now i couldnt care less lol

The thing I dont understand is when I but my Wii on 480p it splits the screen in half.

Back