Difference between wireless connection and Wifi Adaptor!!!!!!!!!

kobeguy888

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Difference between wireless connection and Wifi USB Adaptor!!!!!!!!!UPDATED

ok..so i cant connect with the wireless...

just one question

when it comes to online play...in a year or so..wat will be the better connection..wireless or the wifi adaptor...im thinking of gettin the wifi adaptor tmrw..worth it? is it fasT?

Last edited:
LyricistSoldier said:
? "wifi adaptor"... you mean LAN adaptor?

wireless is wifi. ?

Wireless and LAN both have their advantages and disadvantages... you cant go wrong with either.

exactly. if u mean LAN adapter, the difference is one uses a adapter and a LAN wire and one is Wireless.... and i just looked that up... it took me 7 hours, gawd :nono:

climb i tried to pm u but it wouldnt let me, i added u to my wii is that cool?

(off-topic):sure, ill add u 2 in a min.

(on-topic): as far LAN adapters go
Datel (CodeJunkies) -USA-
it uses the ethernet cord from a router or w/e and use it to hook wii up non-wirlessly, (which will give u faster internet connections since Wireless is allways slower than direct connections)

Last edited:
thanks climb.speaking of the lan adapter, i was actually looking for one and couldnt find any so i went with the ds wifi usb adapter. When gaming on the wii goes online will it benefit me to get the lan adapter or with the wifi usb be "good enough"?

tlcphi2 said:
thanks climb.speaking of the lan adapter, i was actually looking for one and couldnt find any so i went with the ds wifi usb adapter. When gaming on the wii goes online will it benefit me to get the lan adapter or with the wifi usb be "good enough"?

i agree that LAN is better performance wise... if you can wired is better in that sense

yeah, ^ what he said. i use wireless personally... just cause i dun liek wires.

and cause i can xD

ohhh sorry *lowers head in shame*

ok ok the wifi adapter... i've heard good things about it but my personal opinion (I got the wifimax once its about the same) is that these wifi adapters or "dongles" can be a pain. I suggest even a cheap wireless router.. they are less troublesome and "hairy" to set up. But if you dont really feel the need or want to go making up a wireless network... the dongle is for you. (just be warned you should know some wireless basics before you tackle using it, but wireless routers are pree no brainer and plug and play)

well i go a wireless connection...but i can connect..its finds the connetion..but then when i test it..i always get a damn error code...so annoying

i was thinking the wifi usb adaptor is the easy way out...

oh, that... i misunderstood... i guess your one of the few in this world that can say they "owned" me :mad2:

hmm... i bought my wifimax from ebgames... i hooked it up n it didnt work out... so i took the open box with all the parts and reciept n they were real cool n gave back my money... You should do that, buy it, try it... if its bad return it. Eb where i live is cool like that at least.

Back