Difference between wireless connection and Wifi Adaptor!!!!!!!!!

i tried for literally 9 hours trying to get my wii to work thru a router. Kept getting code after code after code,so i gave up. I went and bought the ds wifi adapter like the o.p was mentioning and have had ZERO problems with it. Just install the software plug in the usb and VIOLA! should have bought it to begin with instead of wasting a day wih the router!

^..wow...ya..im yet to put 9 hours effort into gettin the router to work...i've maybe put in about 30 minutes effort...im not a computer guy..so no point in trying..might as well spend the 40$ and get online that way

my gf said all along "just go buy the thing u need" but i had to much pride to just give up and take the easy way out...looking back I should have. Seriously it took like 2 mins to set up!

i think hes asking the differance between the usb wifi and using your home wireless network... im using the usb wifi adapter but havent done a speed test yet...

wezeles...how do u find it? does it slow ur internet down? how long does it take u to DL VC games? is it smooth??

any problem?

would u advise me to get one?

you can order one at nintendo.com for 34.99 but the range i heard was only 30-50 feet for there wifi usb adapter... and my computer is more than 50 feet from my Wii

i picked up one at best buy not sure the brand ill find the box and let you know but its the same company that makes wifi usb for psp,Ds and every other system that supports wireless..

the one i got came with software for the Wii/Ds lite worked within 50-100 feet range... it was 39.99 at best buy came in a white and grey box... not black and white like the PS and standard DS one does...

it works great i notice very little to no lag took a whole 5 minutes to download and install... all you do is install the driver then when you want your Wii to pop online go to the icon and connect... downloads as fast as your internet will allow... you do need highspeed of some sort though DSL/Cable for it to work
but then just turn it on and enjoy.. pretty dummy proof and the nice thing is it works with other wifi devices besides just nintendo systems you can run a laptop,stereo or any other wifi device off it for just 5 bucks more... so now all my songs on my computer can finnaly make there way to my stereos wifi reciever without use of a CD or memory stick... great buy easy to use and easy to setup in the Wii's internet settings...

but like i said im not sure how good it is for speed overall someone hooked up to a home wireless network should clock it and ill see if i cant findout the speed of mine

ya man..if u could find out the exact man of the brand u got..would really appreciate it..but mine would be less then 50 feet away...maybe 20 max..so should i just get the nintendo one?

really the only difference is the nintendo one only supports the Wii were as the best buy version supports the Wii/DS lite and any other Wifi device so for 5 bucks more and no shipping time you get a real wifi network in your home which with the way electronics are these days you might as well have... cause pretty soon your fridge is gonna have to tell your computer what grocerys to order...lol might as well spend the extra 5 bucks and not wait on shipping...

tru...can u just check ur box or the usb itself for the name? and i live in canada, are u for the states?..and on the bestbuy canada website..i dont see any wifi usb connection thingys...

lemme kno tho asap..wanna pick one up tmrw

if you cant find it in canada let me know...lol i need a wiimote they are hard to find atleast here in michigan... you buy me a wiimote ill send ya the usbwifi..lol fair trade same price after exchange...lol

kobeguy888 said:
no...not lan adaptor..the wifi adaptor usb

this one
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802254

its this any good? i cant connect throught wireless..tried it all...how does this thing work???
faster then wireless??
Cant say if its faster than Wireless since I dont have a wireless router, but the ISB connector works great for me and works just as fast as my computer when Im on the Wii Browser.

thx man!

sold out on the site..hopefully they got some in stores..lol

hahah...i had a hard time finding my second wiimote...also think they are pretty hard to come by here...i'll keep an eye out tho tmrw when i go!

i think thats why they are selling wii play with the remote.. hopefully there are still some wii play games left when i head out tonight

Back