Different Brands / Component Cables

saxophonet

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2007
Got a question for you guys, I recently searched for a good deal on component cables for the Wii and found a ton of different brands, is there really any difference in picture quality depending on brand, or are they all pretty much made the exact same way? I thought about just getting the name brand Nintendo brand for a total of around 37 bucks taxes and all, but I've seen them as cheap as 12 dollars elsewhere. Some of the brands I've run across include Talismoon, Blaze, Bestpricecenter, Genric, Intec, etc etc. A simple search on Amazon found tons. So my question is, would I be making a mistake by going for a cheap-o brand when it comes down to picture quality?, or do all component cables give the same visual difference and should go for the cheaper brands? Any input would be greatly appeiciated! Thanks

i have a Penguin United brand.. i just wanted to support a local small company. also the way it was made.. braided high density copper, foil, and ferrite shielding, Nitrogen injected foam dielectric, and 24k gold connectors help me decide on this brand.. paid $27 for it.

from what i have read they are all pretty much the same thing.

i got the official ones from my local GAME, and there were only two brands to choose from, either nintendo or gameware (the stores own brand, they are the main game retailer in the uk and their stuff always works well) but the price difference was only £2...

i got the official ones kind of hoping to get some star points with it, didnt..

either way if your tv has a component input then DEFINATELY get some component cables, you will like what you see

I too have the psyclone component cables, they are an excellent brand. I use them for my Xbox and Xbox 360 as well...

P.S. jessetheinferno, are you a big Coheed and Prize Fighter Inferno fan? Just curious, cuz I love 'em both...

Neon RT Drivr21 said:
I too have the psyclone component cables, they are an excellent brand. I use them for my Xbox and Xbox 360 as well...

P.S. jessetheinferno, are you a big Coheed and Prize Fighter Inferno fan? Just curious, cuz I love 'em both...

borderline obsessed with both... add me on your wii

Back