Digital Audio Cables - Any chance on Wii?

mademperor

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2006
I looked around and all I've seen for the Wii is S-Video and Component Cables with standard Composite Connections for Audio.

Do you guys/girls think that Nintendo will release Tos-Link or Digital Coaxial Connectors in the future? Going Digital->Digital->Analog sounds A TON better then Analog->Digital->Analog

I suppose few people on these forums care about digital audio cables, or just nobody else has heard anything?

I HIGHLY doubt it. IMHO. I do think its funny that a "next-gen" system would not have digital audio. What were they thinking about when they decided to sell official Nintendo component cables that do 480p? Were the Dolby 5.1 decoder chips that expensive? I use digital audio on my X-box and it is amazing in Halo 2.

I also think it is odd that my Wii was defaulted to Dolby Surround Audio. It somewhat confused me. I have a 5.1 system so I left it... but when I take it to a friends place with only TV speaker audio... do I switch it to Stereo?

WHen I brought it home I was positive it would have one. I look on the back and almost dropped the damn thing. How could they build a next gen system without digitial audio? This isnt the 1980's anymore. I think this system should have been priced at $200.

Back