Digital Music

JD1269

The Ultimate Neutral
Jun 26, 2007
San Diego
Wii Online Code
3502-6064-0924-8600
First things first, I read the product features for the SD card @ Amazon.com (2GB SD Card) and it confused me. lol. To pretty much sum it up, it says in the product features that you can play digital music while playing your favorite games.

Does anyone know if this really is a feature of the Wii? I couldn't find any info on it in my guide book. I also don't have a memory card reader for my laptop so I haven't been able to test it out yet, but if it is I'm gonna be stoked.

Do you guys think you'd use it, if it really is a feature, or would you stick to the game's stock music?

If you go to a slideshow u can listen to songs off the sdcard. But I would recommend just using a media server program like Orb that you just run on your computer on the same network.

Thats what I thought but I didn't have a chance to test it myself yet. That's a real disappointment cause besides Zelda and Paper Mario, I'd love to have my own music playing rather than the music that comes on a lot of games (especially Wii sports).

vagrant said:
If you go to a slideshow u can listen to songs off the sdcard. But I would recommend just using a media server program like Orb that you just run on your computer on the same network.

Lol. Thus far I just kill the TV volume and play my cd player. Surround Sound in a bedroom is nice. =p I just thought it'd be cool to be able to have the music + the sound effects all on my surround sound.

JD1269 said:
Lol. Thus far I just kill the TV volume and play my cd player. Surround Sound in a bedroom is nice. =p I just thought it'd be cool to be able to have the music + the sound effects all on my surround sound.
maybe in a perfect world. instead u should just turn the music setting to 0 on ur game and leave the sound effects up to get the best of both worlds.

TortillaChip520 said:
maybe in a perfect world. instead u should just turn the music setting to 0 on ur game and leave the sound effects up to get the best of both worlds.

I have but my music overbears my TV's volume. It sounds pretty lame. And hell, I can always hope for a perfect world. If I work at it, I may get pretty damn close. =p lol.

Yea, that's what I was just going to say. I play Excite Truck all the time and must have a gig and a half of music on a MicroCenter 2GB card (about $15.00) which I listen to while playing.

vagrant said:

I have just checked Orb out - and it only lists X360 as compatible at the moment - do you stream using you Wii?

If so how is it achieved vagrant?

Back