Dire need of strategic advice :x

EnRohbi

WiiChat Member
Nov 11, 2006
Ok
I apologize if this is something I'm not supposed to be posting
But I've been wandering around this and another Wii forum for days now, and I haven't found exactly what I need to know, so I figured I'd ask.

First off
I don't have a pre-order for anything
Which sucks, yeah

But oh well, I'm in Nova Scotia... It's not like it's incredibly populated here, and I can think of like 10 different stores I can go to on the 19th. Some of them haven't offered pre-ordering at all on the console, so getting a Wii itself shouldn't be much of a problem

My problem is Zelda.
It's a weird thing with me, if not for Zelda, I'd wait a couple weeks to get a Wii. I just hate not getting a Zelda on launch dates. Unfortunately, most of the stores which did not offer pre-order on the console, did offer pre-orders on Games (From what I could tell)
And so, that makes me worried.

I've got Walmart, two zellers, Toys R Us and a futureshop to go to as the best chances I can think of... Now, there's probably only 80,000 people within an hour drive of these stores. That's total people, I looked up the populations, not like they'd all be going after a Wii on the launch date.

Now, I'm not too incredibly worried once I've actually though about a bunch of this stuff
But I just want your guys' opinion on if I have any chance in hell at getting Twilight Princess on launch date. (And any suggestions on what I should do, if you have any)
Camping out is pretty much out of the question, cause I need my mother's credit card to pay for it. I'm not too worried though.

I know this isn't the greatest comparison, but it's the only one I have. When Halo 2 first came out likea year ago, my cousin got it on the launch date, and he didn't get it till like 5:30pm on a weekday... Im almost 100% positive there's more demand for a Wii then there was for Halo 2 though.

hmm well here s my idea 1. get loads of your friends and ask them if they will help you get the game and the console
2. breib the manger to save your game and console
3. try the internet

I'm not sure, but I'm almost positive getting games is almost a given, and you are pretty much gaurenteed one. The only game that might give you trouble is Zelda, and sadly that's the one you're after.

Jenova said:
I'm not sure, but I'm almost positive getting games is almost a given, and you are pretty much gaurenteed one. The only game that might give you trouble is Zelda, and sadly that's the one you're after.
Yeah, well
I figure if I check all the stores and Zelda isn't avaliable anywhere

I can always fall back on Red Steel and get Zelda in a week or two isntead

Hey maritimer..lol im from New-Brunswick...all i can say is good luck..because if you don't camp...your probly not going to get one...so if were you i would ask mom to go to the bank and give my at least 400$...here in canada the games are 59.99 and the console is 279.99$..and if you want an extra wiimote that will coast extra...and the halo thing..thats a game...this is a console..halo 2 is nothing compare to what this is...but if this makes you feel better i have figured that the only ones that camps out are the really desperate ones..and yes i am one of them and practically the whole forum is...so..yeah

Last edited:
Demon Slayer said:
Hey maritimer..lol im from New-Brunswick...all i can say is good luck..because if you don't camp...your probly not going to get one...so if were you i would ask mom to go to the bank and give my at least 400$...here in canada the games are 59.99 and the console is 279.99$..and if you want an extra wiimote that will coast extra...and the halo thing..thats a game...this is a console..halo 2 is nothing compare to what this is...but if this makes you feel better i have figured that the only ones that camps out are the really desperate ones..and yes i am one of them and practically the whole forum is...so..yeah
*Shrugs*
My mother doesn't have cash to give me

Either way
As I said
With 5-10 stores
And only a few people (really, I did an estimate on how many people would be there at stores, and it's a really small number <_<)
I'm not worried at all about getting the console, especially with some stores not offereing pre-orders on it.

It's just getting Zelda that's worrying me, really.

EDIT:
I just did my estimates again
They could be way off, but just as a general estimate of what I know about my surrounding area

There will be about 11 people at each of the stores when they first open (80,000 people, taking out the non-gamers, people who pre-ordered, people who don't want a Wii, people waiting till Christmas, people who are religious and must be at church, people who have to work while stoers open,people who aren't gonna get it on the launch date and people who won't be there at the time the store opens)

Last edited:
Back