disability

mseanterry

WiiChat Member
Jan 16, 2007
I am interested to know if the Wii sports software and motion joystick can be adapted and slowed down to allow someone with cognitive or physical disabilities to play?

To my knowledge i do not think that there is currently an option. Unless you or someone you know and capable of fiddling with the games and making them run constantly slo-mo all i can suggest is increasing sensitivity on the remote so that minimal movements are detected (this is assuming you are having trouble moving fast)
Sorry if im being ignorant dont know much on the matter. Good luck btw

Not that I know of, but you'd be surprised what many disabled kids can do when it comes to video games. I'm a behavior analyst and work primarily with cognitively disabled kids, and some with mild to moderate mental retardation are playing the same games as other kids their age. Now, if the disability is serious and physical (serious case of CP), you'll probably have a problem.
Just let 'em go to town and they'll probably love it - the only thing I'd worry about is making sure they have the remote tightly tethered to their wrist.

I Can Only See Out Of One Eye And I Can Play Videogames Just Fine!!!
You'd Be Amazed That You Seem To Run Into Everything On Your Left Side When You Can't See There!:lol:

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
I Can Only See Out Of One Eye And I Can Play Videogames Just Fine!!!

That interests me. Not in an ignorant way though.! Sorry.

If you can only see from one eye, then can you see any depth of field or is it all just flat?

I have retinopathy in both eys that's gradually getting worse. One eye was laser'd last year, and today went for an angiogram for my right eye.
The problem for me is that I can only read words that I am looking at directly, unlike people who can read many words at the same time, or as standard for nearly all people read the next word on and process the last word at the same time. Sorry, if I'm going geeky on you... :hand:

So, when playing games: if there's any reading to be done, then I'm useless at it and take ages. What's worse is that if there's no pause on each page of text to read in a game, then i haven't got a clue what was written and usually end up just going along with the play anyway.

Large objects and characters and stuff is ok, but it's precise fine line things that I can't see at all, unless they are directly in my view (ie, infront of my eyes)

hope your left side survives the bumps! :ihih:

as my brother gets taller, his eyesight worsens. When he annoys us, we hope he growns to be 8 ft tall...

/edit but there must be some way to slow the games down, easy mode or something..

Solard said:
we hope he growns to be 8 ft tall...QUOTE]

LOL! Ha. "Growns" ... top typo! :worship: Sorry, made me laugh when I read it.!

But, yea. Surely it'd be better for game producers to include a way to slow the game play down, or something?

Back