Disappointed at the star points

acharris05

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
S Wales, UK
Wii Online Code
0375-9285-6886-0639
Hi all, I think nintendo has messed this star points exchanged for wii points system. I found out this morning that I can exchange my stars for wii points, so I go to the web site to try for the better part of the day to get access to the website with no luck, dead slow and timing out.

Get in later to the site to find that all the wii point cards are gone and greyed out, so meaning I can't convert my 11,000 points to wii points to get VC stuff :mad5: Very poorly handle I think.

Anyone got any idea when the wii points are going to be available again or was it just a one time deal thing. Thanks.

i didn't even know they had started using star points for wii points yet
i wish they would do that in america :shifty:

Well its not strange that its not working. Whole europe is trying to do that and thats probably puttin to much stress on the website

Star points:

For Europe when you buy a Nintendo Product [Including Games] you get a code with it

You make an account [Europe only remember]
You type in the code
You get points

For the past couple of years you could only get like Wallpapers and Rigntones. Now you can change them for Virtual Console points.

As for this Thread. Yeah the whole of Europe is trying to exchange so give it a couple of weeks to sort out

Nintendo have a habit of getting great ideas and then doing in them in the stupidest way possible. It's like that here. The ratio of Star Points to Wii Points is totally unfair, and what is the point in limiting the available amounts of points cards we can buy to about 500 for each denomination? I mean, the number of unique potential codes would be astronomical, it's not like they need to limit them.

Yeah, I get what you mean

4000 Star points for 1000 Virtual Points.

You get 250 Stars Points per game. I only have 6,000 Star Points myself =/

I dont mind the ratio stars to points.. i get a free VC game out of it, I'm happy

I just hope that they dont take ages to make more points available. i only need 200 more pints and i can get a game :)

WTF ! :wtf: These "star points" aren't available in the US. What kind of BS is that? Why did they choose not to offer this to the US as well??

i hope so :drool:
that would be awesome, if they don't, then they're crazy :eek:ut:
someone should start a petition........

To our American members: Star Points have been around in Europe for years now as part of a Club Nintendo scheme where you register Nintendo games. Since America doesn't have a Club Nintendo, I don't think you'll be seeing a scheme like this. But trust me when I say there's no reason to be jealous- you get most Nintendo games months ahead of us and for less money.

Back