Disappointed.

GThwaite

Jesus is fake
Sep 28, 2007
I saw somewhere on here that Zelda was being released, and I looked up the release date and it was this Monday. I've played all the Zelda games and have loved them all (OoT for life) so naturally I was excited. I saw IGN gave it a 9.0 and that made me even happier. Good deal, just finished playing halo 3, now to get deep into a good Zelda story. Then I saw a point the IGN reviewer made.. No D pad control... all stylus. :sick: Not even an option to turn off stylus control. That was the breaking point.. I had planned to go out and buy it as soon as I woke up, don't have work Monday. Not anymore.. I guess I'll have to wait for the next Zelda on Wii. Not bashing you guys that will enjoy the game, I have no problem with the game besides the controls. Have fun guys!

Edit- You guys got any good recommendations for some good DS titles either out already or upcoming. I like playing RPG's and other games that have good stories. Any ideas?

Last edited:
JAKE196 said:
ok. . .

the controls are weird but I'm sure they'll work fine.

I'm worried about the length of the game. (about 15 hours. . . )

After digging deeper I found that it's a sequel to WW.. That's a double hit to it.. If the controls were fine I'd probably still play it. But those two together just really hurt it's case. WW was by far my least enjoyable Zelda.

if it didn't have any navigating for triforce pieces, then it would have been better..get Jam Sessions for the DS, it's better than an RPG trust me

Everyone who has reviews or previewed the game said the stylus controls work great. Don't knock it til you tru it.

Skippy said:
Everyone who has reviews or previewed the game said the stylus controls work great. Don't knock it til you tru it.

Unfortunately I am going to knock it. Sorry. I wasn't asking for advice on how to get myself to buy the game, but rather advice on other games to buy. And to the other poster, I'll take a look at Jam Sessions.

GThwaite said:
Then I saw a point the IGN reviewer made.. No D pad control... all stylus. :sick: Not even an option to turn off stylus control. That was the breaking point.. I had planned to go out and buy it as soon as I woke up, don't have work Monday. Not anymore.. I guess I'll have to wait for the next Zelda on Wii. Not bashing you guys that will enjoy the game, I have no problem with the game besides the controls. Have fun guys!

At least give the game a try... You won't know for sure if you don't like the controls unless you do. Who knows, you might even like them better than using the d-pad once you get used to them...

feder said:
At least give the game a try... You won't know for sure if you don't like the controls unless you do. Who knows, you might even like them better than using the d-pad once you get used to them...

I don't know why you people feel the need to defend something so bad. I'M NOT BUYING THE GAME. I don't know how old you kids are but as an adult my hands are a little larger so using a stylus on a small screen means blocking out half of it. I don't need people trying to convince me to buy this game. I just don't want it. Did you read that? If you don't understand then read it again, cause it's just not happening. I don't mean to be a prick but it's like you guys aren't reading what I wrote. If you don't have any other suggestions for other games then just don't post anything. Tell your sisters or brothers about the game cause this guy just doesn't care about your reasons. Heck you haven't played the game, who knows, you might not like it. Know what the means? Money down the drain.

If the game had used the touch screen the way Pearl and Diamond used it, I'd have bought it. If the DS screen was 7 inches diag I'd have bought it. I just don't feel like controlling a game by tapping a ~3inch screen with a stick.

Last edited:
buy the game and then dump it in the trash or just burn it then

and umm I would recommend Ninja Gaiden but it also uses the stylus..so get Contra 4 and Metal Slug, or how about Metroid Prime Hunters

Ok nevermind, apparently you kids really just don't get it. I'll take my question elsewhere as you guys are either Nintendo reps or just blinded by fanboyism.

Last edited:
And you, sir, are some kind of arguement king...Don't ignore me and the games I've mentioned! take them into account: Contra 4, Metal Slug, Jam Sessions, Final Fantasy 3 and 4. did you read that? did I mention ANY Nintendo games?

GThwaite said:
I don't know why you people feel the need to defend something so bad. I'M NOT BUYING THE GAME. I don't know how old you kids are but as an adult my hands are a little larger so using a stylus on a small screen means blocking out half of it. I don't need people trying to convince me to buy this game. I just don't want it. Did you read that? If you don't understand then read it again, cause it's just not happening. I don't mean to be a prick but it's like you guys aren't reading what I wrote. If you don't have any other suggestions for other games then just don't post anything. Tell your sisters or brothers about the game cause this guy just doesn't care about your reasons. Heck you haven't played the game, who knows, you might not like it. Know what the means? Money down the drain.

You don't mean to be a prick?? Your comments are the same as the 40,000 people who bombarded the BBC complaining about Jerry Springer: The Opera. None of them had actually experienced it to say whether it was good or bad. To judge something without trying it first seems at best pig headed, at worst downright dumb. You bring up this game in the OP and then expect people not to comment on that? Next time why not just look at the previous threads for peoples DS recommendations instead of trying to piss people off? If you haven't found it already the search button is on the right of your screen ------>

You don't mention what type of game you like playing so how can people offer you advice as to what you might like? Go on, be grown up and give us all a clue as to the type of game you want to play and then we might be able to help you.

He said he's into RPGs and watch him respond to this guy and ignore me yet once more..I mean, I'm the only guy recommending games here to him and yet he argues with everyone and ignores me.

Back