Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Disappointing Selection of Games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by bdkennedy1, Oct 21, 2007.

1. bdkennedy1

bdkennedy1 WiiChat Member

Finally after almost a year, I found a Wii system at my local store. I bought 2 systems, one for me and one for my uncle.

The next day, I went around to local stores to stock up on games. One in particular, NHL. Well, there are no hockey games, period. There's no Superman, and there's not much else.

At first I thought the stores gave the extra shelf space to the XBox 360 because of preference, but after looking at the game list on the Wii site I know why they didn't carry much. It's because there isn't much to carry.

I appreciated the potential of the system. It looked like a lot of fun with the revolutionary remote and backward compatibility with my GameCube. But I don't think I can keep this system while games only continue to trickle in. The Wii web site has only 3, 3 upcoming games.

I don't think I can sit by and play my old GameCube games over again while my friends with XBox 360's have all the fun.

#1 bdkennedy1, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. Gampla

Gampla Brawl user = Ninja

Word Up xD

3. Z3wpk

Z3wpk Fusion Mongle

Wii Friend Code: 4826-4175-7020-5555
    4826-4175-7020-5555
    your thinking very very wrong. First thing I have to say is that for some reason (at least for me) Wii games aren't the best to be stocked in stores everywhere. Second, Wii games come in waves big ones trickles happen in between and you just happened to buy your wii just about when a very good wave is gonna happen just go look for upcoming games somewhere i dont feel like listing. Third, like it seems like you are judging too quickly. And finally fourth is that you seem to have a very specific taste like you said no superman (kinda random) and one hockey game. Its only been a year.

4. samXcor3

samXcor3 the best kid!

Wii Friend Code: 3732-3369-2853-4491
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    i feel you on the hockey, however i think the problem is there are way more crap games for wii, so it makes it seem like there are no good ones.

5. Z3wpk

Z3wpk Fusion Mongle

4826-4175-7020-5555
    another good point you just have to have a good eye or just ask around

6. bdkennedy1

bdkennedy1 WiiChat Member

I have to judge quickly. I have 15 days to decide to return the system, or risk keeping it to play possibly 4 games.

I wouldn't say I have specific taste, but expected taste. No NHL? Really? There's a Ping Pong game but no NHL? Superman is on every other console, including the old Playstation 2.

Many of the Wii games are rehashes of what Nintendo has done over and over again. Donky Kong this, Mario that.

I've been a Nintendo fan since the 80's, but come on. Even the first Nintendo had more games.

7. Maximo

Maximo Wii Fanatic

Wii Friend Code: 0558-5461-4916-6731
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    only 3 good games coming he says....are we looking at the same release list i can see at least 10 good games coming between now ,and the end of the year. Give it time for the hockey game ,but come on Superman....please has there ever been a superman game that was good. i find the Wii has plenty of games ,and good ones at that unless you consider only shooters/bloody/violent games to be good then no the wii doesnt have too many of those ,but then again if thats your preference your owning the wrong system.

8. Z3wpk

Z3wpk Fusion Mongle

4826-4175-7020-5555
    by the way superman sucked for the PS2 but all you have to do it wait a little bit since guitar hero 3, super mario galaxy, bwii, brawl (feb god dammit), medal of honor heroes 2, resident evil, fire emblem,and mario kart (not for a while) is all i can think of off the top of my head now

9. Skippy

Skippy WiiChat Member

10. nic7

nic7 Wiichat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8853-1952-9704-6115
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Your the deffinition of a poor consumer. You obviously should have known what you were getting into when you purchased the system. I mean you seriously had a whole year to research what games you wanted and you completely neglected to do that. You should have known what you were getting into.

Why didn't you purchase a 360? Your friends hat it, Its got NHL, and oh boy it's got that absolutely horrible superman game..yes!

Return your wii, give it to a little kid who plays zelda, metroid, and mario (And who I respect more than you), and go buy yourself an xbox 360...

#10 nic7, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  11. KrisKhaos

KrisKhaos Retro Gamer

Wii Friend Code: 2328-3260-7811-1534
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Since this is still a relatively new console, one shouldn't expect an infinite library of games....wait a second! What happened to GameCube support?!?!?

Seriously, a lot of us (including myself) wasn't backing Nintendo when they released the GameCube, and was too obsessed with there PS2 to bother. Now that the Wii has drawn the attention, those belly-aching about the game library have another option while we await our preferred Wii title - GameCube compatibility.

That's right. 100% unadulterated GameCube compatibility, no emulation, no worries of failure, and compatible with all (that I know of) the previous GC toys that a number of us missed out on. That's right, all the "beef" without the "bull". With that said, there IS a Superman title for the Cube, and I know of 3 NHL/Hockey games for it as well.

The thought of a system must have a massive library shortly after it's release is a bit absurd. Granted it's been around for a year, however it's games titles are a bit late due to tardy developers. Don't worry, the games are coming. Until then check out what you might of missed and have fun playing games from (almost) every Nintendo console ever made (VC), and then some. :)

12. WolfpacSnakepit

WolfpacSnakepit snoogins

Wii Friend Code: 7300-6469-2862-5349
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    every system has **** games that people dont want. I have heaps of games for the Wii that i love... Zelda, The Godfather, Scarface, Medal of Honor, Excite Truck, Metal Slug, World Poker Series, etc... If you go out an buy just one or two of those games, by the time u finish playing with them Mario Galaxy will be out - and if u dont want that then u shouldn't have bought a nintendo!
    I'm 23 years old and never owned any other system other than a Nintendo (owned all of them at one stage or another) - I never would. Graphics don't mean **** to me, it's all about playability. If u want ur 360, go get it and stop bitching.

13. Warrior

Warrior WiiChat Member

Im sorry, but your either looking in all the wronf places, or....well...i dont think theres another explaination actually.

The Wii currently has a TSUNAMI of games headng for it. Shooters such as Ghost Squad, RE:UC, Metroid Prime and MOH:H2 all looks amazing. Puzzle games have reportadley drowned several people in game stores around the world, and it only gets better with games like Wii Fit, Brawl, Galaxy and Mario Kart.

Take a good look at the games coming up, and your dissapointment should turn into excitement. And if it doesnt, you have bought the wrong console.

14. dodabird

dodabird dodabird

i'm 22 and i've never owned any other system besides nintendo. :yesnod:

but guy, easy on the negativity. all of you guys. the man is entitled to his opinion. instead of harassing him, let's tell him why he chose the right system. after all, he didn't say that he didn't like the system itself--he said it had poor gaming selection. bdkennedy1, i'm glad you purchased a wii. and i feel that if you give it some time, you'll realize that you made the right choice. as the previous posters have noted, there are good games coming out: galaxies, brawl, bwii, mario kart, etc. for a nintendo fan, these games are highly anticipated. if you can just hang on and give your wii a shot, i'm certain you'll eventually find what you're looking for. good luck.

15. WingGunner

WingGunner WiiChat Member

Yeah theres alot more Wii games comming up. I made a list of good ones I'm looking forward to : Upcomming Wii Games to look forward to. Asided from the botched release dates of Victorious Boxer and Mercury Meltdown (supposely its this week now :p), these next few weeks are going to be frickin insane...

16. Link_Sword

Link_Sword WiiChat Member

Hey i understand the pains with not having a 360. I would love to be playing halo 3 like the addict i am. But the wii is about to be up to it's ears in titles that are worthwhile such BWii, Zack and Wiki, Super Mario Galaxy, and MOH2 so don't worry then you got smash early 08, and Mario Kart. Oh what was that other game....oh yeah Nights is supposed to be pretty good. then you have games that have already come out. Mario Strikers Charged,Legend of Zelda, and Metroid Prime 3. Just saying... and you may just have to wait for some generic games such as hockey and superman

17. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Okay.
    Zelda Twilight Princess.
    Metroid Prime 3.

Loads of upcoming titles, read some news man, like are you crazy?

18. Nintendo93

Nintendo93 Playin' Zack & Wiki

Wii Friend Code: 5431-1607-7668-3461
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    Catch up on some old Gamecube games. They're cheap.

19. JAKE196

JAKE196 Cogito Ergo Sum

oh noes no superman? 0_o

20. Nintendo93

Nintendo93 Playin' Zack & Wiki

Wii Friend Code: 5431-1607-7668-3461
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    We're all gonna die! :eek: