Disaster: Day of Crisis hitting Nintendo’s Wii in May?

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Disaster: Day of Crisis hitting Nintendo’s Wii in May? In europe

Monolith Soft is most known for its work with Bandai Namco on the Xenosaga trilogy of role-playing games for the PlayStation 2, as well as the Baten Kaitos duo of card-based RPGs produced for the GameCube. However, now owned by Nintendo itself, the team has been busy beavering away on the highly anticipated Disaster: Day of Crisis for Wii since before the system was actually released. Could the game be about to hit the market, though?

A reliable source has shed light on a piece of news that whilst classed as a ‘rumour’ at the moment, states strongly that the Monolith Soft-developed Wii title could very well be about to hit Europe as early as 30th May, 2008 for 49.99 Euro / £39.99. But why should this source be believed? Well, he receives retailer information from in Germany and has been spot on with the dates for recent games such as Advance Wars: Dark Conflict (Nintendo DS) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii). So could he be accurate once more? You would certainly have to hope so.

As for details on the game, as Wikipedia states,

“Similar to Irem’s Disaster Report and its sequel, Raw Danger, the player must survive many natural disasters. The player will take control of Ray, a former member of an elite rescue task force, and not only will Ray have to face nature, but also an unknown group of rogue commandos who have taken advantage of the catastrophic events and seized an atomic weapon.”

yayyyyyyyyyyyy. about time.

linkage

Last edited:
I just hope the graphics have been greatly improved from the vids and screenshots that are floating around. This is one game where it needs to look good.

ally_uk said:
Dealt it I rekcon this game will be shite anyways !

Whats up with this guy?

Anyway, im quite excited about how this game will turn out. Heres hoping :)

^ never mind him :lol:

cool even if it is crap, it's at least an attempt to a game and not shovelware crap.

im not to intrested into this that much

Can't wait to see some gameplay vids. Hopefully this game will be good.

Doubt that it will be released in May unless it isnt that great.

Nintendo aint goona release Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit in Europe in April and release another big game in May unless it wasnt such a big game. {think BW2 when I say not so big}

^BWii wasn't as bad as other people claim it to be. I thought it was really fun and called for a lot of strategy.

And seeing as they've been working on Disaster since before Wii launched, it wouldn't be a bad game if they released it in May, depending on how much work has been put into it.

GREAT NEWS!!!!

ive been looking forward to this game ALOT!! i cannot wait for this game

Well alright, but that date is for Europe and serves no purpose to me really, unless it comes out earlier in North America or just after. Should have included Europe in the title :wink:

IGN says that the US release date for this game is stil TBA, but thier Europe release says June 2008.

EDIT: Damn, CantGetAWii beat me to it.

Back