Disc Read Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgelston

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I got my wii after waiting for a few hours this morning at Target. Brought it home, powered up, connected to Wifi everything works fine until I put a disc in. With all three games I bought I get a disc read error - it tells me to eject the disc , power off the system and check the manual for trouble shooting options. The manual says nothing more really and you cant get through to tech support. I am very bummed. I havent owned a console since SNES and I was excited about this.

Anyone have any magic tips for getting the Wii to start working

Thanks!

Did you check that your putting the disks in properly? At first I inserted it wrong too, but you need to put it in logo up towards the right side of the system. Let us know what you find if anything, wrong with the console.

I was pretty sure I was putting it in the right way - but to be double sure I tried the other way and I got a nice normal error w/o the system crashing. The error I get when the discs are inserted the right way brings down the whole system. Black screen with white text and the only thing I can do is poweroff the system.

Yea man I have the exact same problem. I was playing Wii sports for about 10 minutes, then it froze, so I'm like, "wow, gay, new system froze". So then I played with the Mii channel and Photo channel until I got bored, and went to play Wii Sports again but it said it couldn't recognize the disc. I tried it again and again, same deal. Then I tried a GC game, still doesn't work. You know, you'd think Nintendo would be smart enough to hire an uber amount of people to take the phones on launch day, but no such luck. I kinda don't even know if I want to exchange it, since these problems seem pretty common. Maybe we should wait until they fix these damn things. So not worth staying up all night in front of Wal-Mart -_-

Update

Just got off the phone with Tech Suppport - Very Very nice guy named Brent - They will do a system swap - they are sending me a new console system (3-4 days) I will then use the box to send the old one in. I lose my virtual points that I bought - luckily I only bought $20 worth so not a huge deal. I could send mine in for repairs and be able to keep the $20 bucks BUT it would take 8-22 days!!! no way I am waiting 3 weeks.

So hope this info is helpful to people. I waited on the phone for about 15 minutes, not to bad all things considered. So its a def. bummer that I have a busted console but I am feeling pretty positive about Nintendo's customer service.

If they could just magically beam it to me I would be sooo happy ;)

I had the same prob. I first set my Wii on the little rack that came with it. Then when no CD was able to load, I tried setting it flat on my table. Then the reader made a weird noise and it finally took the game! I put it back vertically and now it works fine. I still don't think this is normal but for now it's better than nothing! Thanks for the tip about the customer service though. I'll ask for a new system.

Man, I would be so upset and depressed if mine wasn't working right. After waiting so long for it, I couldn't stand it not working correctly.

Update #2

Just to keep you informed. . . My wii is on it's way- they sent it 2nd day air and its scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I was pretty damn bummed when it didnt work but it is just a game and I now that I know it will be here tomorrow I am feeling pretty good!

tgelston said:
Just to keep you informed. . . My wii is on it's way- they sent it 2nd day air and its scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I was pretty damn bummed when it didnt work but it is just a game and I now that I know it will be here tomorrow I am feeling pretty good!
At least you know now that your getting a perfect Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back