Disconnect WLAN

RoadsterGate

WiiChat Member
Nov 2, 2006
hi folks,

if you connect the WII by USB-Lan adapter, will the WLAN still transmitt data and search the access point or does it have an auto disconnect? Or will it be possible to disconnect the WLAN by software? Does somebody has a technical review of this?

thx
:smilewinkgrin: RoadsterGate

Not 100% sure what your asking, but you have to set up a IP addres and DNS on the Wii to connect to the internet.

Wii Connect

Based on what I have see of the Wii interface, the wireless can be software disconnected. Its connection settings menu allows you to pick only one that is going to be used, which disables all of the others. As for searching for wireless networks and such, it will still do that but again, based on the interface, it will not automatically connect to any of them, you have to set them up first.:yesnod:

Last edited:
Ok, that would be what I am searching for. The question of disconnecting WLAN functionality could not be answered by Nintendo Germany, nor by Nintendo Netherland. For me it is very important that the WLAN does not send data and that I can disconnect it, I will connect the Wii via USB-LAN.
thx :)

Back