Disconnected From Netwark.....

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
Error 98020
Disconnected from network during data transmission. I have gotten that the last about 6 times i tried to get on. Anyone have any suggestions. My internet didnt work great yesterday and is somewhat better today, so i should be able to get on. ANy suggestions?

best bet is to turn off your modem and then unplug your router. wait a minute or 2 and then turn your modem on. once the online light goes on, plug back in the router.

connect to the internet as usual and see if that helps.

its simple trouble shooting. when i cant get my wii onto the internet i do that and it works like magic

this is weird. I tested my connect from the wii settings, wiichat works fine, but it says I can't connect to internet on MSC right now.

I can only connect about half the time. I don't want to disconnect my router because its a pain to set it up again.(which is what I have to do with my router.) I'll just have to live with it or hope Nintendo will patch it.

its never the router when it comes to this. online works fine. its just MSC i cannot get on. I hope nintendo fixes these things

theres nothing to disconnect. youre only unplugging the power cable not all the other cables

trust me, shut it off then turn it back on. itll work like a gem

It happens to me once in a while, even though my internet channel works great all the time. when i do get it to work its great. I dont have that problem too much though.

Im sure its a little buggy in the beginning itll get better.

If its constant then did you try changing your channel to 11?

The_Loose_Cannon said:
theres nothing to disconnect. youre only unplugging the power cable not all the other cables

trust me, shut it off then turn it back on. itll work like a gem

I just tried that. And it didn't work, ERROR 52030 UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET. CONFIRM THE INTERNET SETTING OF THE Wii CONSOLE. I just tried the wii setting thing, and it said the internet worked.

edit: I tried again... and it worked. Yay!!

Last edited:
i just got on.. then disconnected. maybe its the interference with my wireless mouse/keyboard, before i got on, i put both a away and shut the screen and it worked.. let me try that again

Is your router on channel eleven??? that is what was my problem in the beginning.

yeah. its annoying. my router is fine, my connection is fine, but i cant get on.

got on, but as im looking for somone to battle with, i get disconnected.

got on and won my first series!

Last edited:
thats the exactly same problems we were having in europe, u just have to wait about a week or 2. that error code is the nintendo servers because when it was happening here i rang up nintendo and they said they has having server problems and that was the error code.

hope this helps

dazz159 said:
thats the exactly same problems we were having in europe, u just have to wait about a week or 2. that error code is the nintendo servers because when it was happening here i rang up nintendo and they said they has having server problems and that was the error code.

hope this helps

Thanks! Yeah, im sure by next week, this wont be a problem any longer. Nintendo will fix it.

Back