Disconnectors!

Ezekiel86

Chillin in the Mill
Jun 26, 2006
Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in
Wii Online Code
4149-4465-6987-2962
Anyone who has played online with Nintendo WiFi is bound to have come across players who disconnect while in the midst of a race or battle. If this has happened to you how did it make you feel? And what do you think could be done to deter people from disconnecting in future releases?

A friend of mine had a good idea, disconnectors should be flagged, meaning when you search for opponents and their name appears in the final lineup, you'll be noted that this person has a bad reputation, and thus the players can choose to vote the individual out of the match. What do you guys think?

I was upset when I lost my 100% connectivity on my Metroid Prime Hunters Hunter License. I know it'll sound cliche'd but I have no idea how it happened because I've never disconnected. The server must have reset or maybe I lost coverage at the cafe I was playing at, so it's down to about 99.3% I think.

i think you should instantly win the battle instead of just not finishing it. i agree with you in disliking those kind of people on MPH

Ezekiel86 said:
A friend of mine had a good idea, disconnectors should be flagged, meaning when you search for opponents and their name appears in the final lineup, you'll be noted that this person has a bad reputation, and thus the players can choose to vote the individual out of the match. What do you guys think?

thats exactly what they do on xbox live, why would you want to play games online on a 3" screen when you could play full fledged games online

Well you guys might hate people who disconnect, but it's not always their fault. I remember when my Wi-Fi USB connector got dammaged, sometimes it would work and other times it would disconnect me in the middle of a match. My connection still is high though.

Mr_Stoukaph said:
i think you should instantly win the battle instead of just not finishing it. i agree with you in disliking those kind of people on MPH
MPH has the disconnect history, while MKDS and Tetris you automatically lose if you disconnect. I don't know about any others.

flaggin disconnecters is ridiculous...i have having an issue as we speak of getting disconnected everytime i try to play a game...that would not be intention disconnecting...you would not know whether someone disconnected intentionally or if the are having connections problems such as I...not a good idea....

Back