Disconnectors

Jun 22, 2007
USA
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Man, whoever I play, no matter who it is, they disconnect if I win!!! I for one take it like a man if I lose. I don't disconnect on anyone anymore when I realized I was taking points from the people who earned them. Just admit you lost, and spare the winners record. Does anyone here disconnect?? And if so why do you do it????

I only do it if they are cheap; going through goalie with boo, jumping over goalie with diddy or toad. oh using Daisy, Dry Bones, or wallugi to get past the goalie. They don't deserve a win.

ilikecookies said:
I only do it if they are cheap; going through goalie with boo, jumping over goalie with diddy or toad. oh using Daisy, Dry Bones, or wallugi to get past the goalie. They don't deserve a win.

So you disconnect from people who use the players' abilities exactly as they were designed to be used? Why do you even bother playing at all?

Skippy said:
So you disconnect from people who use the players' abilities exactly as they were designed to be used? Why do you even bother playing at all?

What are you talking about? They were not made for that other wise every player could do that.

I've only dissconnected twice and that was because I was sick of watching replays. I don't do it anymore most people I play skip them.

Brady280 said:
I've only dissconnected twice and that was because I was sick of watching replays. I don't do it anymore most people I play skip them.

I know i absolutely hate when people do that. They try gloating on you, but they can't get to me.

ilikecookies said:
umm dude its called strategy not cheating its only pathetic when they do it for like every single goal then its sorta cheap but other than that its perfectly fine...

ilikecookies said:
What are you talking about? They were not made for that other wise every player could do that.

Each character has its own strengths and weaknesses. Some are very fast and can essentially teleport or jump short distances, but they are typically weak shooters or passers. It's all part of the strategy of the game. It's not a programming glitch that's being exploited.

Desi_Wii_G said:
umm dude its called strategy not cheating its only pathetic when they do it for like every single goal then its sorta cheap but other than that its perfectly fine...

And once you've caught on to their strategy, you can adjust you defensive strategy to help counter that.

I think the game is fair, so I never disconnect just because someone really owns because they're better at the game than me. I've disconnected a few times out of mere frustration though. Some guy with a DK, Monty Mole, Birdo and Hammer Bros. had, like, 50 hits on one match and that was the only reason as to why he won (by one goal). I know it's bad, it just happened ;P

I don't even have the game yet (I want one :sick: ) but my opinion:

I heard there's a ranking system. That means maybe people d/c on purpose, just so they wouldn't go down in ranking - easy 1st place. 500 wins, 0 losses o_O (example).

children, anyone?

(I must not lose! *thinks- hehehe, it's so easy*.)

Of course, what ticks me off is that people get d/c'ed and the person who won gets pissed. Then the person who wins, loses and then d/c's.

:scared:

Damascus said:
I don't even have the game yet (I want one :sick: ) but my opinion:

I heard there's a ranking system. That means maybe people d/c on purpose, just so they wouldn't go down in ranking - easy 1st place. 500 wins, 0 losses o_O (example).

children, anyone?

(I must not lose! *thinks- hehehe, it's so easy*.)

Of course, what ticks me off is that people get d/c'ed and the person who won gets pissed. Then the person who wins, loses and then d/c's.

:scared:

I have it, and they still lose points when they lose, AND, the person who wins gets a loss in his/her record. VERY cheap.

The only time I intentionally disconnect is if

A) The connection quality goes south and it becomes frustrating to play.
B) Something pops up in reality
C) The person I'm playing against is so awful, it's just not fun. I was up 29 - 0 on one guy with 1:08 to go in the first round, and I just faked a D/C because I felt bad for the kid.

And to respond to a previous poster, Jumping, porting and Boo'ing aren't cheap at all. People moan about EVERYTHING in this game!

Lobpassing is bad
Porting is bad
Jumping is bad
Hammer Bros is bad

What do you want me to do? Walk up to your goalie and ask politely if I can put the ball in the net? I'm starting to think the lack of a chat feature is a blessing in disguise.

Back