Disconnects with Mario Strikers and Linksys BEFSR41 Wired Router

isotropy

WiiChat Member
May 29, 2007
Hey all,

(I should have posted this here in the first place, but I didn't see there was a seperate fourm for Mario Strikers)

I'm wondering if anyone else here is having similar symptoms as me. I just got the new Mario Strikers game, and when I try and play it online, I constantly get disconnected from the internet which kicks me out of the game. If I try and get back online right away, it works fine, so it seems like something is hickuping which is causing me to disconnect.

I know it's my router, since when I hook up my Wii directly to my cable modem with the wired USB adapter, I never get disconnected and everything works fine.

It's super frustrating, since everything seemed to be working fine before this game. My computer which is hooked up to the same router works fine and never disconnects, and all the other channels, everybody votes, internet, weather and news all work perfectly, and i've never had any problems.

In any case, has anyone else used this game and had similar problems, or if you haven't had any problems, which brand of wired router are you using?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Im using a netgear wireless and eberything seems to be fine. I think everyone is getting problems with getting kicked off during games. As a matter of fact, i cant get it on now! Im getting 'error getting stats'!

usng netgear also. MANY people are havin online problems, like yours. Nintendo are trying their best to fix all the problems. just be patient. its happening to all of us.

But maybe not as severley as yours.?

I honestly dont think it's a problem with nintendo. I think it's my router, since when I remove my router and go directly from my cable modem to my wii, everything works great.

So, I just swapped my Linksys router for my parents Dlink router, and everything is working great. I played a bunch of online matches with no disconnects. I'm going to take a baseball bat to this POS linksys outside :)

Back