Disk changer

yungblood6

Get Money Dummy
Sep 22, 2007
Kansas City
Wii Online Code
5134-2285-1457-3930
Yo game companies have came up with every thing under the kitchen sink to add to a game system but when are they going to implement a disk changer in there systems.

Sometimes i get real lazy and i don't feel like getting up and changing games i think it would be the **** if you just hit a button and it changed to the next disk you have in the tray. What do you guys think.

You know what i got one better lets just do away with disks and make games downloads, that would cut costs, and eliminate that dreaded feeling when your console scratches your disk and you can't play it any more, or when your kid spills his food on it. OR you wouldnt have to do away with the disk totally but give the option to either download or buy the disk.

someone should mod a wii 360 and a ps3 together so there one gaming console but i like the disk changer

How many games would it be able to hold is the question... I doubt it could do that many.

yungblood6 said:
Yo game companies have came up with every thing under the kitchen sink to add to a game system but when are they going to implement a disk changer in there systems.

Sometimes i get real lazy and i don't feel like getting up and changing games i think it would be the **** if you just hit a button and it changed to the next disk you have in the tray. What do you guys think.

You know what i got one better lets just do away with disks and make games downloads, that would cut costs, and eliminate that dreaded feeling when your console scratches your disk and you can't play it any more, or when your kid spills his food on it. OR you wouldnt have to do away with the disk totally but give the option to either download or buy the disk.

totaly agree bra...

im steal ur idea and do it my self n make millions... hey never no one might b coming out... but doubt it..

bout the downloading games, i agree n not agree, it wud take more space if u downloaded it i think, not smart n the whole hardware/software catagory but i rather just buy it from a store play it n a few minutes than rather to download it w8 a few hours, but iono i bet it wud get to that at somepoint.

but i like tha disc changer option screw sittn on ur ass on the couch for a few hours then get up walk 10ft and change the disc to play another game... shoot... that just cross's the line:cool:

how hard is it to get off your ass and put a disc in the console, i mean come on!
with titles like wii fit and whatever else gets you running around like crazy, a disc changer would be a step in the wrong direction... :p

Hey, people were moaning that you have to switch a console off and on to change from a GameCube game.

...yes 1 game console would solve everything and make one of everything for that console.

Last edited:
didnt you read i get lazy from times, and i don't play video games to lose weight im sorry i didn't fall into that wii phase. ill go workout at a gym and diet if i want to lose weight., not to particular on losing weight with a super strong right arm from all the swinging ill be doing. At least a two or 3 disk changer would suffice. But i like the downloading because you don't have to worry about disk issues or eye reading, dust, download times would make it the only down side but download times in games would increase speed.

the system would have to have a huge hard drive, and then what if it needs to be formatted? there goes all your games.

AWESOMO said:
the system would have to have a huge hard drive, and then what if it needs to be formatted? there goes all your games.
not really because sony is already giving that option with some of their games like warhawk, and wipeout hd. How many gigs of space do you think is on a standerd double layer disk that the wii and 360 are currently using?
Ok i did the math its 4.7gigs on a dvd double layer disk, the wii hasn't reach that capacity yet and the 360 barely did it with oblivion and Gears of war, so going by the biggest hard drive out thereon a game system(not computer) 80 gigs thats about 16 full games. Thats more than enough for me. Plus if they were to go that direction im sure we would see the type of space we see with computer hard drives, plus the ability to upgrade. 200 gigs would get about 41 games, then just think about the terrabyte drives(sorry don't know how to spell it)

Now that i think about it that would remove the developement bariors that we have now. More space equals more game to develope which in turns equals better games. with more space for creativity. This could also filter out bad games because you could have the option to try it before you buy it. You could do this and still have a disk format for those that don't have access to online. This could also bring the price down on games.

Last edited:
Lamar/TBD said:
You would pay extra and have a larger console just so you can keep a few calories in there?
you guys take every thing so literally don't you, the whole idea was a what if, I know they aren't going to make a changer for consoles they are more likely going in the direction of HDD's it was just a what if and wouldn't it be neat type of thing, its no need to get all technichal and price waring over the changer part of my post.

Yungblood6 your ideas are spectacular you should contact nintendo and see what they think.

Hahaha, a buddy of mine has a Sony 995V DVD changer (CD too, but it's only filled with movies). Holds 400 I believe. If it was topped off, he could sit, non-stop for a month :D

Good idea. I think if it held 2 games I'd be perfect.
Only because I'm currently playing 2 games I think of this number. I doubt they'll make one though, Stop being lazy haha

Back