Disks not reading

Uber Micro

WiiChat Member
Mar 22, 2010
Canada
A couple of days ago I was playing brawl on my wii when it froze for a couple of seconds then it gave me the message "An Error has occured. Press the eject button remove the game disk and turn of the console and revove the ac adapter" or something like that. In the wii manual it said to leave the wii for 5 mins clean the disk and try again. I did this and it gave me the same error so I tried one more time and now my wii is not even reading the game disks. No wii, no gamecube. Everything else is working fine but its not reading the disks. The disks go in fine and it lights up but the disk doesn't spin and in the disk channel it says it cannot read the disk. I've had the wii for almost three years now and i'm not sure if it's still under warrenty. My wii is softmodded but I'm sure it's not because of that because the error I got is in the manual. I don't really want to send my wii to nintendo and I'd probly have to pay to get it repaired so any help would be great!

3 yrs old and disc won't spin? very little choice im afraid. shop around to get it fixed cheaply.

if you love your wii send it back to nintendo although its a $100 repair

Back