Disney to Offer Movie Rentals Through Xbox LIVE

surfinrach90

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT.
Dec 27, 2006
Heyy guys, I've looked and looked and looked and haven't seen this yet, so.. here goes =]

Tuesday at the E3 Media & Business Summit, Microsoft Corp. and Disney-ABC Domestic Television announced an agreement to bring feature films from The Walt Disney Studios to U.S. members of Xbox LIVE, the online games and entertainment network on Xbox 360.

Beginning today, consumers of all ages will have access to a growing catalog of new and classic movies from The Walt Disney Studios including titles from Walt Disney Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures and Miramax Films, on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Xbox 360 owners will be able to rent popular Disney films on demand as they become available, such as Bridge to Terabithia, Miramax Film's The Queen and Touchstone Pictures' Deja Vu.

Read the rest of it here: Linkage

What you think? Good/Bad?​

Well, the % of 360 gamers are above 13 so I'm not sure selling Disney movies on XBox Live would be such a great idea. But hey, I shouldn't be talking, if it makes the cash then it was a success.

Well it won't just be kiddies films, like there it says films like Deja Vu so.. maybe it won't be too bad

I'd buy Lilo & Stitch. No seriously I love that film.

disney for 360?

im with FR. the 360 is a rather mature console but you know kids.....even if they dont understand it they want it and will play the most juvinile of games on a very expensive video game system.

im sure parents will be thrilled when they can use the parental locks to purchase disney movies :yesnod:

ETA- thats true rach. priates was disney owned, same with deja vou.....well it cant be all that bad.....i just dont picture a 22 year old purchasing aladin unless they were "on something"

im not too old for disney pixar though :)

finding nemo FTW

Heheh woot woot ^_^

I just watched Microsoft's conference and they were talking about the Disney deal and they mentioned films like The Waterboy and in the trailers I saw films like Bringing Down The House, so not all bad, but then there was the hunchback of Notre Dame lol =/

oh god.....not the hunchback! i hated that movie so much......:sick:

bringing down the house was just as bad btw....although....between us girls rach? i secretly loved "the water boy"

YOU PLAYIN DA FOOZBALL BOBBY BOUCHE!?!?

Heheh, I loved the waterboy too..

but aww bringing down the house is great! Queen Latifah is awesome =]

yeah she is awesome but omg that was SUCH a terrible movie.....yes heres this HOTT picture of a beautiful blond woman walking around and there in the background almost invisible to the naked eye is this ghetto fabulous black woman who loves a skinny little white man who THINKS the hot blonde is comming over! lmao HAYYYYY!!!!!

ill pass :sick:

eta- whats up eagles :)

Back