Dissapointed with RE/RE0..

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
wow, i got these games to play on my wii today and they are deffinately going back later.

i didnt realize they were the same style as teh original game was. im not really a die hard resident evil fan, only played 4 and seen all the movies so far, so i was mildly suprised.

anyways, im new to the cube game selection and all so what are some good games? i know the obvious ones like SSBM and RE4 but whats some good games OTHER than the ones ppl always talk about on the forum?

and is resident evil 2 the same way? by that i mean a stationary camera while you run down the hallways.

(i did check out other threads but the same cliche games kept showing up, not looking for a cute mario game, i want a shooter that doesnt suck but im open to other genres as well)

im actually playing 3 right now, but i have no interest in 1 or 2 to be honest.

3 is amazing though. just not what im looking for in a gc game.

if u like adventure get Beyond Good and Evil, youll love it

if u like hack n slash rpg get Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance

if u like rpg with a storyline you must get Tales of Symphonia

multiplayer get medal of honor euro assault, mario kart double dash

platformer get super mario sunshine

good luck =)

how about the Wind Waker? a bird's eye view ship shooter: Ikaruga, also there's kind of pinball spinoff of war: Odama, and how about a good sidescroller platformer controlled with bongoes: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and a good old 2-D fighting game: Capcom vs. SNK 2. also if you like fighting games: Godzilla Melee, Star fox Adventures. oh and I see you like horror games, well then get: Eternal Darkness, you'll love it I guarantee it. also Killer 7, Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes, Baten Kaitos, Lost Kingdom 1 or 2, Batallion Wars, Viewtiful Joe, Timesplitters 2, Soulcalibur 2, F-Zero GX, and of course the two you mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I did hear resident Evil Zero was really bad. Not sure why it was hated so much, but i've never played it :/

i went with F-Zero GX cause the virtual console verision is fun. Rainbow Six 3 (kinda sucks) and FFCC, didnt really get to far into this one, about five minutes but it seems ok. ive never played a ff game before so i thought id try one...it was cheap.

crystal chronicles is horrible nothing like the rest. Animal crossing is a good game but all the other good ones have already been said.

well you shouldve known REs before RE4 were based around survival tactics and puzzle solving, the complete opposite of what RE4 is. If you view the game as a "zombie killing" game then youre not going to have fun. Try seeing it as a survival game first. like, "okay, im trapped in this mansion, what do i need to do first? collect ammo? find health items? should i explore this room now, or later?"
thats the way i think and mannn do i have fun with those games :D man i just remembered i lost my RE DS..now im sad... :(

btw the reason RE0 was hated is because of the dual character control, WAYYYY too many puzzles and not even enemies. in the beginning its hella fun cause all you do is fight tons of zombies, then after that its puzzle, puzzle, hella hard puzzle, boss fight, through out all that would be 2 or 3 enemies. it just wasnt fun...

Last edited:
i have both of these games and really i dont see why you wouldnt like them unless re4 is the first re game you played so your probably expecting an over the shoulder camera on the other games, anyway you should try tales of symphonia, and wind waker

I personally play RE4 first and i try RE0 and REmake after. At first i didnt like those games but after awhile in the game i start liking it alot. Of course the camera angel thing and prerender backdrop is annoying a little but when your into your game you dont notice that mutch.

I personally fall in love :yesnod: with REmake now i own the entire RE library available on wii/GC.:aureola:

So i dont know what to say other then play with it a litle more.... if it bothers you to mutch check for Beyong good and evil or Windmaker.

My GC Recommendations:

Pikmin 1&2
Zelda: Wind Waker
Star Fox Adventures
Mario Kart Double Dash (Some didn't like but I really liked it)
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smah Brothers Melee
Star Wars Rouge Leader : Rouge Squadron 2

is there a gamecube section on VC on shopping channel!! FINALLY! i was waiting for it. yes getting heaps of games! woooo, ahhh im happy now.

Back