Do Americans say 'mate'?

Nothing wrong with patriotism, I guess.

But don't you HATE when people say they live in the greatest country in the world when they haven't been anywhere else :lol:
Meh...Norway's the greatest country I've ever been. The UN happens to agree with me. Go Norway.

Apple Guy said:
Do you love Britian Navarre because it seems you're very pro-british.
What is so good about Britian anymore or ay country for that matter.

NHS and extremely high taxes, make of that what you wish.

I like the way my (admittedly biased) Government text puts it.

"While Parliament was debating whether they OUGHT to build a railroad or increase taxes, Congress was debating whether they had the RIGHT to do such"

And that will always be the difference between the US and Britain.

SO what you're saying is the u.s don't know if there allowed to make decisions but Britian squabble over decisions

No, that was in the context of the 18th century.

The part that I was referencing of "always" is that Americans take their rights a whole lot more seriously than Britain does.

That's a bad wording...but...yeah.

I think what he's saying is that the US was very concerned with not infringing on the rights and freedoms of any citizen. So while Britain was debating over whether they SHOULD do the mentioned things, the US was debating over whether they even COULD within the constitution. Amirite Adam, y/n?

But if they were elected to make decisions then why not?
As the great president of america said in the simpsons movie, "I was Elected to Lead, Not to Read"
And yes i know He isnt really the president

Apple Guy said:
But if they were elected to make decisions then why not?
As the great president of america said in the simpsons movie, "I was Elected to Lead, Not to Read"
And yes i know He isnt really the president
Part of being an elected official means upholding the constitution, not potentially infringing on the rights defined in it.

Well I will agree with you there but on most things they should be able to make decisions on.

Apple guy, are you British?

Because that is exactly what the difference is. Celeste can help me on the terminology. But the two theories are:

1. Elect official, they go by their "superior" judgment and experience.
2. Elect official, they vote based on popular sovereignty.

Now I know that varies individually, but America tends toward the latter while Britain tends toward the former.

Yes I am british so I am probably a bit biased but like with that bridge you were talking about it would get built eventually we all just take different routes in life to get to the end

I think the economic balance is funnier to look at.

In a poll saying fair economic distribution between executive and menial job payrolls.

Sweden. 2:1
United States. 15:1

Back