Do blockbusters actually rent wii games?

Beki_J

WiiChat Member
Apr 9, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Wii Online Code
3158-4676-9186-3657
Lots of people on here have said that they rent wii games etc...but the blockbusters where I live only rents out ps3 and 360 games :sick: Where do you all rent your games from?

I work at a Blockbusters in Manchester, and we don't rent Wii games - we didn't rent GameCube games either when they were available.

Both games and movies that are bought for the purpose of renting cost more than just a copy for personal use. The reason is that they are licensed from the vendor for distribution - and it's that license that costs more than the normal retail sticker price.

Right now, it's not worth Blockbuster's money to buy a ton of Wii games that won't get rented. And it's not worth Nintendo's time to go through the licensing scheme with Blockbuster since people are still buying games like mad.

Once the user base gets to a certain point, it can be assumed that people will be typically borrowing games before they buy them to try them out. Until that point is reached, it's absolutely in Nintendo's best interest to not offer games for rental to increase sales.

It's also in all of our best interest since higher game sales means more third party developers will dev for the Wii and we get more and better games.

The Blockbuster near my house has Wii games. However, since rentals are almost $10, I would rather buy what I want to try.

my blockbuster has wii titles, but they are always out. it is very difficult to catch the one you want. It's a sad misconception on blockbusters fault to think that wii games won't get rented seeing as though Wii sales are through the roof. That being said, the price blockbuster asks for games is outrageous and i agree dakuda, I would rather buy the game then rent it at that price. If you have to rent games, use an online service, they'll likely be cheaper and easier to get the games you want.

its not so much a blockbuster issue, rather an issue nintendo has with their internal set up. Nintendo has long been known to be kind of stingy in regards to licensing, making it very difficult for those who rent games.

Add to the fact that Wii games are easily copyable on your computer, and wii pirating is the easiest thing since bread and butter, I dont think nintendo wants to let their games get rented out cheaply.

ooo I noticed that they don't even sell game cube games there lol or rent DS games though they do have a lot. That sucks lol I only have 3 games and I don't wanna buy games I'll end up disliking because they aren't exactly cheap.

TY for the replies anyway...appreciated I thought it was just the Liverpool blockbusters that was being stupid not renting them. Where are people renting their games from then? Or is that just over in America and off online places?

You notice that people who use Blockbusters in the UK and in the US have different stories about availability...........

the BB in my town also rents wii games. not that many. maybe about 16 or so. i want to get MP8 but it's always out.

The Hollywood Video down the street rents Wii Games.

Yeah I always rent and keep my wii game's longer from blockbuster.
No where else for me to rent really around here other than blockbuster.

Back