do i connect my wii to the computer or modem

defjux82

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
i dont know how to do this...bought this thing the first day it came out and finally decided to really play it ..i really want to connect to wii shop .weather , etc.. but it wont let me ...do i need a wi/fi or what?

cool.. but do i need that? or can i use a a b cable to go in to the computer or can i do it directly to my cable modem? ahhhhhhhhhhh

wii is wireless ONLY. must use wireless connection. either wireless router or get a wifi connection through USB from your computer

cant i just use a b cable to connect it to my computer..sh@% thats weak if the only way you can connect is through wi /fi

defjux82 said:
cant i just use a b cable to connect it to my computer..sh@% thats weak if the only way you can connect is through wi /fi

no you can't. that's why i said Wireless ONLY! It kinda sucks. but at least they have 2 solutions rather than just "must have" wireless router

tru. thanks ...more money to spend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait wait ..one more thing then why in my options to choose which one i want there wireless and wired?

no no. option is. wireless connection from the router (the box that usually sits next to the modem usually made either by linksys/d-link/belkin/netgear) or get wireless connection from your actual computer through the USB port

You can use a normal ethernet cable if you have the usb to ethernet adapter for the wii. The only built in networking is wifi, but it will work with normal ethernet wiring with that adapter.

The LAN adapter is $25 off of Nintendo's online store, and simply plugs into the USB ports on the back.

This is... at least i believe the best wifi USB connector thingie mabob made out so far...
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-11nu-71-b8-49-en-15-wifi+max-84-j-70-1rlu.html

PA.82434.001.jpg

why do you guys even indulge ignorant people like this? :nono:

I mean point the dude to this...

The Wii can connect to the Internet wirelessly with built in 802.11b/802.11g Wi-Fi capabilities by using a wireless router to create a wireless network. You can also use a LAN adaptor (sold separately) which plugs into one of the Wii’s USB ports. With this inserted you can run an Ethernet cable from your Wii and take your system online.

Dont just tell him, make the dope READ. You all realize half this forum is just nonsense like this where its just one jack :ciappa: after another thats too lazy to read through the forum for an answer. :frown2:

Back