Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

do i have to get my Wii replaced?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by megaweapon, Feb 20, 2007.

1. megaweapon

megaweapon WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1522-3591-2401-6781
    1522-3591-2401-6781
    Hello everyone... i just got my wii, a wiik (sorry) and a half ago...

its great i love it. i got Rayman with it and got Zelda 3 days ago.

ive noticed tho, sometimes my remote gets really jumpy like,... im holding it still, it moves between 3 spots very quickly.

also, ill be sitting on my couch, and sometimes when playing zelda, i go to use the boomerang, and it says "Please point wii remote at screen" and its impossible to get it back on.

it makes it frustrating. i read some thing i think from nintendo that said it is probably gonna be the system. any experience with this or anything?

good lookin out

2. Wyatt

Wyatt WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1542-0947-3370-1065
    1542-0947-3370-1065
    Hey megaweapon, I got my wii a while ago and I have the same problem. You know what I think is? I think the light from the outside Shining on the sensor bar creates this because when i try to play at all in the morning (my tv is in a room with large windows) it jumps all over the place but at night or with the blinds closed It works perfectly. Idk if you have the same problem but i hope this helps

3. Axtlar

Axtlar Del fuego he resurgido...

Wii Friend Code: 7688-9638-8193-7668
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    Yes that can be it, sobe sure to play in a closed room and also, don't stand too close/too far from the tv screen.

4. ThatGuy127

ThatGuy127 ThatGuy127

Wii Friend Code: 5877-9874-6442-6751
    5877-9874-6442-6751
    Yeah, it's the light. I have my entertainment system set up right next to my window, so whenever I play my Wii, I have to close the blinds. It also helps not to have a lot of mirrors in the room, as this will cause any light in the room to fly around the room. Also, I have noticed that when I sit next to my computer, while holding the wiimote, the hand constantly moves back and forth. I think it took me two weeks to figure out about the lighting.

5. mym6

mym6 WiiChat Member

Yes, check the lighting from your entertainment center. I can't have the lights built into my entertainment center on of the remote will not work.

6. Jorge

Jorge Television Consultant

Wii Friend Code: 0554-7647-3242-2709
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Most of the time when that happens to me I am too far away from the sensor bar.

7. megaweapon

megaweapon WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1522-3591-2401-6781
    1522-3591-2401-6781
    ya, i have a window behind my couch... towards the TV, but i dont get direct sunlight... [sigh] but thats probably it...

ill tell ya, theres nothing worse tho, tryin to get to the twilight, and my f**kin wiimote goes out on me.

any developments, hit me up. thanks guys... i guess ill have to put off gettin wii play for a new set of blinds...

8. mym6

mym6 WiiChat Member

Try upping the sensitivity in the Wii settings

9. spicka

spicka Beastin By Nature!

I bet it has to do with the sensor bar. Try sitting where you are directly facing the tv and sensor bar :D:D

10. Wiitendo

Wiitendo Banned

hmm. If you got your wii recently then you havea warenty, go on nintendo.com become a member and register your wii for an extra 90 warrenty. I say call em up, or do what that otherguy said. It might be outside extra UV rays. (if you play it with the window blindes up on a clody day it dosent affect it. Global warming will kill us and thw wii. :mad5: DAMN YOU PEOPLE! STOP GLOBAL WARMING! DONT WASTE GAS GET HYBRIDS AND SMART CARS! AND SAVE ENERGY!!! IF WE KEEP THIS UP WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

-Oh and try possitioning your TV and checking sencor bar, go to settings: sencor bar and if your sencor bar is on top or below your TV select that.(what alot of peeps miss)

11. Lorcl678

Lorcl678 WiiChat Member

Lower the sensor bar sensitivity when it's sunny while closing the window blinds a bit. Increase the sensitivity once the sun's gone. That what I do.

12. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Ive gotten this and i have learned that i am siiting on a
    couch too low to the ground so my sensor is partially
    blocked by the edge of the tv.

try standing up or get a higher couch/chair